Pink Floyd Appreciation

...aaaaand roger's tour is postponed to 2021. just got the tix in the mail this week, so figured any sort of decision on the tour wasn't coming for a bit yet. alas.

So watched Pulse as part of virtual Friday night gig night in isolation. For two..involved booze and surround sound concerts..

Pretty awesome sounding ..the stretch from one of these days to Comfortably Numb was awesome ..quite emotional as this was the last tour .. lost a mark for being 4:3 ratio but image and sound great.

Next weeks virtual gig is Queen at the Rainbow ‘74

So here’s a set for completists ..the solo work of Nick Mason ...went for the cd box set when I spotted it cheap ..certainly interesting...and different..first album has Robert Wyatt on lots of vocals , and the second has a David Gilmour vocal on one track ...not what I was expecting..it’s actually ok in the main

3815543D-2EDD-4073-8CBA-01D0622A09F8.jpeg

he's been mentioning that for awhile now, so it's not a surprise he's bringing it up, but it does seem he hasn't actually looked at what's on the floyd channel because the polly stuff he's using as an example is on gilmour's page, not the official floyd one. the floyd channel does have solo gilmour and nick mason content on it, and while i'd love for the floyd channels/sites to be all encompassing, given that roger is not a part of the band (he even says 'when i left the band....') and hasn't been for 35 years now, i don't find fault for gilmour not giving roger anything when it come to promoting any of roger's post-floyd projects.

he's been mentioning that for awhile now, so it's not a surprise he's bringing it up, but it does seem he hasn't actually looked at what's on the floyd channel because the polly stuff he's using as an example is on gilmour's page, not the official floyd one. the floyd channel does have solo gilmour and nick mason content on it, and while i'd love for the floyd channels/sites to be all encompassing, given that roger is not a part of the band (he even says 'when i left the band....') and hasn't been for 35 years now, i don't find fault for gilmour not giving roger anything when it come to promoting any of roger's post-floyd projects.
Yep, he made a decision many years ago that he didn’t need them and the name was dead and should he mothballed , and I think he’s regretted it ever since

So having finally rigged up my music room, big speakers and all, I played the new version of A Momentary Lapse today .....wow...totally worth having ..hope this gets a wider stand alone vinyl release ..much better all round ..proper de 80s drum sound , lots more trad Floyd keyboard flourishes ... brilliant

So having finally rigged up my music room, big speakers and all, I played the new version of A Momentary Lapse today .....wow...totally worth having ..hope this gets a wider stand alone vinyl release ..much better all round ..proper de 80s drum sound , lots more trad Floyd keyboard flourishes ... brilliant
Is this from the "Later Years" comp you posted about? and if so, is this a CD? Blue Ray? DVD?

If someone runs across a vinyl press of Pompeii, and it’s not too expensive, would they send me the info?

Unofficial pressings are getting as bad as regular albums!

EDIT: might just get this CD/DVD/BR set, probably less than the vinyl.

Last edited:
Back