Pink Floyd Appreciation

Are there any current reissues to recommend for Dark Side, Wall, WYWH etc? Anything to avoid? I only have a copy of Dark Side on vinyl(not sure which pressing) and I’d like to remedy that.

Are there any current reissues to recommend for Dark Side, Wall, WYWH etc? Anything to avoid? I only have a copy of Dark Side on vinyl(not sure which pressing) and I’d like to remedy that.

as above, if you're just looking to get the records and have good sounding copies to play, i don't think you could go wrong with any of the 2016-current remastered reissues, and they're still all easy to find. i bought all of them and unless i'm inclined to listen to older copies for specific reasons (such as my recent run through of all the records in the now listening thread) i will just be playing these copies going forward because they're a) new, so don't have years of use and abuse on them and b) all sound pretty good to my ears. for dark side, though, if you could get your hands on the 2003 reissue, that release is pretty highly regarded quality wise and second hand copies can still be had for the cost or just above what the reissues have been.

As a young boy, I had an uncle who was big into music and had for a time been a musician (had some Kiss-adjacent success but nothing too big).

He was confined to a wheelchair and lived in a nursing home beginning in his 40s due to an autoimmune disease.

I remember visiting him as a youngster and seeing his massive collection of CDs (and VHS).

What always caught my eye? The blinking Pulse case. Didn't even know who PF was at the time, just thought it was cool.

Years later, as a teen, I dug my mom's records out of the basement. They included my Uncle's records. Got all The Beatles from her. But groups like PF, Zep, Traffic, Cream came from him.

Last edited:
As a young boy, I had an uncle who was big into music and had for a time been a musician (had some Kiss-adjacent success but nothing too big).

He was confined to a wheelchair and lived in a nursing home beginning in his 40s due to an autoimmune disease.

I remember visiting him as a youngster and seeing his massive collection of CDs (and VHS).

What always caught my eye? The blinking Pulse case. Didn't even know who PF was at the time, just thought it was cool.

Years later, as a teen, I dug my mom's records out of the basement. They included my Uncle's records. Got all The Beatles from her. But group like PF, Zep, Traffic, Cream came from him.

He had great taste ..my Pulse CD still blinks ..managed to change the battery which was not easy!

eh, i expected individual releases from the later years set at some point, but i am surprised they went with putting out delicate sound before the momentary lapse remix. i know they were planning on having one of those one night only movie screenings of the concert around this time, which was eventually scuttled because of covid, so perhaps this reissue was meant to tie in with that and they just went ahead anyway. kinda disappointed, though, that there isn't a 4k disc.

pink floyd are the masters of repackaging and reselling their material to suckers like me, i'll give them that.

I’d urge any Floyd fans to pay a visit to the complete collections thread to check out the awesome Floyd collection posted ..and I thought I had a few !
The petty part of me wants to admonish you for not direct linking it. I mean, you caused me to click a button at least four times to get to it.

The grateful part of me wants to thank you for pointing that out. Usually I let the petty part of me prevail, but....thank you! Great point out!

@AndySlash wins. I don't know what the contest was, but no one else should even try to play. What a solid collection!

BTW, I loved the "I have more but I'm limited on how many images I can put".

here you go, copied from the other thread by request

——-

001-jpg.44922

002-jpg.44923

003-jpg.44924

004-jpg.44925

005-jpg.44926

006-jpg.44927

007-jpg.44928

008-jpg.44929

009-jpg.44930

010-jpg.44931

——-

all started in 93-94 when i was 14 and just kind of kept going from there.

Back