Pink Floyd Appreciation

Still too much. The time period in question is going to make this a hard sell as I’m firmly in the Roger camp, many are Barrett fans, but very few if any think their best stuff came at the end. Division Bell is a great album mind you

Are you going to jump @Gavaxeman ? This might be as low as it goes especially with Christmas price gouging around the corner, at least until the dust has settled on it. If you are willing to wait 6 months I can see this dropping to ensure there isn’t a surplus in storerooms. If you will get enough plays out of it then it’s a nice item, most people aren’t interested in the prospect of Bowie’s Tin Machine box but it’ll get frequent spins in this house thus the value is there.

Are you going to jump @Gavaxeman ? This might be as low as it goes especially with Christmas price gouging around the corner, at least until the dust has settled on it. If you are willing to wait 6 months I can see this dropping to ensure there isn’t a surplus in storerooms. If you will get enough plays out of it then it’s a nice item, most people aren’t interested in the prospect of Bowie’s Tin Machine box but it’ll get frequent spins in this house thus the value is there.
I’m holding out to the new year sales, I can see this getting a big discount at some stage.. not enough on it compared to the early years to justify an outlay above £150 for me ...

So I need to give this thread a bit of attention..

So Radio KAOS.. about a disillusioned ex Welsh coal miner in America with disabled son who can control radio waves with his thoughts .... or something

Sonically ....really needs a de80ing .. tide is turning is a decent song

Any concept album that needs linear notes explaining the concept is kinda doomed ..but it’s not a bad listen in the background ..but a long way from the heights of the wall or even the final cut ..

Any other radio themed albums out there ..The Who Sell Out and Songs for the Deaf are the only two I can think of...

EB23D25B-F6C2-4759-8126-00B8BF9E600F.jpeg

So a dull 7 inch for Rsd this year .. bit of a let down after the mono piper and saucerful sets in the last two years
That is a disappointment! And just to add my thoughts:

1. Meddle
2. Dark Side (though objectively the better album)
3. Final Cut
4. Animals
5. Piper
6. Wall (only because too much of my high school years were spent with the album and movie -- it is also the 3 record I ever purchased, outside of 45s... Wait for it, in elementary school)
7. Wish you were here

and really a heck of a band

So with RSD looking a bust , all future plans going up in COVID 19 cancellations, I bit the dust and ordered at £268 ...... price not budged in a week and lowest price so far was £263 .. hope I’m right ... this might get me thru any eventuality of isolationism!

i think there's some worthy stuff in there, but the later years certainly was a tough bullet to bite in terms of cost. the momentary lapse remix i feel exceeded expectations. haven't really had time to delve into any of the video stuff yet, but i'm most interested in checking out the endless river full album video that's on there.

on another note, i picked up a vinyl bootleg- something i don't normally do. i liked the idea of listening to a full run through of shine on you crazy diamond on one side. quality isn't great of course and it's early studio takes, but it's the floyd era i enjoy most.

I just noticed I lasted a whole week before plunging into buying the early years waiting for it to drop further ! That was good for me ... last big box set for a while now..due to all social life now being nil, I’m starting the grand music room swap over ..relocating to a bigger room , so decorating first , then new carpet (whenever that’s available) and then the new shelving ..vinyl and cd room to be combined ...better than. A holiday

Back