Pink Floyd Appreciation

roger is a real turd sometimes, but this is exciting news nonetheless

I finally just bought the 2016 reissue last week.

I hope that's the album art at the end of the video. I really like that.

roger is a real turd sometimes, but this is exciting news nonetheless

Animals is my favorite PF album, but this is disappointing, to say the least. No demos, no live tracks, just the same material on 4 different formats with what I imagine will be a lavish book and a box, for likely $100?

Animals is my favorite PF album, but this is disappointing, to say the least. No demos, no live tracks, just the same material on 4 different formats with what I imagine will be a lavish book and a box, for likely $100?
agreed, this is disappointing. I guess they kind of painted themselves into a corner with all those box set releases of period rarities though. A live show, or BBC sessions or something would have been nice.

agreed, this is disappointing. I guess they kind of painted themselves into a corner with all those box set releases of period rarities though. A live show, or BBC sessions or something would have been nice.
I mean, I’ll likely still buy it because it is my favorite, so I’ll want the book, but there could have been so much more material

Same here, it's grown over the years to become my favorite album of theres as well (My dog absolutely hates it though when I listen to it loud :D). This went from being a blind buy must have when I first seen the email to probably passing on it now unless I can find a solid deal on it down the line. I'm def. excited to hear the new mix though at least!

Where are you all getting the information that it will be formats of the same thing (i.e. the new mix)? I'm sure it's some place in one of the links and I missed it but for a fun exercise hold my hand and walk me through this like I'm a baby.

Where are you all getting the information that it will be formats of the same thing (i.e. the new mix)? I'm sure it's some place in one of the links and I missed it but for a fun exercise hold my hand and walk me through this like I'm a baby.

When you watch the above 2 minute video of Roger Waters from his site this image pops up at the end of it. Pretty easy to miss since there's no real information outside of this out yet and the entire written update was mostly just drama the majority of fans couldn't care less about.

Pink-Floyd-Animals-5.1-Remix-2018.jpg

When you watch the above 2 minute video of Roger Waters from his site this image pops up at the end of it. Pretty easy to miss since there's no real information outside of this out yet and the entire written update was mostly just drama the majority of fans couldn't care less about.

Pink-Floyd-Animals-5.1-Remix-2018.jpg
See! I knew it had to be easy! I watched the video but stopped it before then.

I do wonder if just because the only artwork/hype sticker we saw is for the 4 format version, that is all we'll get. It would be a missed opportunity for them to not milk that pig for all it's worth. There are plenty who will just want a standalone LP or CD. Plus I assume the new mix will come out digitally

Anyone know if the recent 2016 reissues are slowly going OOP? I've been recently acquiring the catalog after having them on CD since I was a teen, but realizing the prices are creeping up and they're getting harder to find certain titles. Wasn't sure if this was because they are going OOP or pressings are just slow.

Anyone know if the recent 2016 reissues are slowly going OOP? I've been recently acquiring the catalog after having them on CD since I was a teen, but realizing the prices are creeping up and they're getting harder to find certain titles. Wasn't sure if this was because they are going OOP or pressings are just slow.
Honestly I haven't noticed but I'm only missing a couple and not really driven to catch em all. Might have to keep a sharper eye out for piper and division bell....

Honestly I haven't noticed but I'm only missing a couple and not really driven to catch em all. Might have to keep a sharper eye out for piper and division bell....
Yeah I am only really interested in the more popular titles, I just grabbed Division Bell and Piper the other day. I've had The Wall and DSOTM and those seem to be up in price/available less from what I remember paying a few years ago. The other two I am looking to get are Meddle and The Final Cut and they seem to be up over $30 everywhere now. Both are listed on Amazon for near $40.

Still looking for a reasonably priced Pompeii vinyl bootleg, as long as it sounds good.

Back