Phish

Now I’m wondering if I’m fucked with Joy too.
Can’t find it available anywhere right now,
so probably yes! LOL
I’m pretty sure Dry Goods responded to someone on Twitter saying it was coming but Amazon’s listing was wrong, particularly the color. They haven’t made an announcement yet and they normally do so I think it’s just premature. I have it on pre-order there but if I see it elsewhere I’ll probably switch it up.

I’m pretty sure Dry Goods responded to someone on Twitter saying it was coming but Amazon’s listing was wrong, particularly the color. They haven’t made an announcement yet and they normally do so I think it’s just premature. I have it on pre-order there but if I see it elsewhere I’ll probably switch it up.
Cheers, that makes me feel a little better.

So I realized today that I may not be receiving my Lawn Boy from Amazon.
It was supposed to be delivered by 8pm today but it had not shipped yet.
Now they had me approve the “we’ll try out best to get this to you.”

I am screwed right?

I’ve seen a few places that offer to “preorder” for it, including acoustic sounds.
Are those all lost causes too?

Just so you know, a small percentage of people actually got their copies of Lawnboy when they were originally supposed to, but it was minimal and the large majority never did. Apparently, some pallets got fucked up with Amazon's copies, so they've been waiting to have them replaced this whole time. At least, that's what I was finally informed of by a representative, back when it happened. It took forever to finally get someone to look into it.

@Dark Star Boogie

I know you were looking for Phish recommendations, this is probably my favorite version of Piper, and was an opener at a show I attended. They came out swinging that night.

Hell yes, man. I love “Piper.” Currently going through the Dick’s run and then I’ll start on this and your past recommendations. Forgot I asked over a year ago for some show suggestions.

Thanks!!! ✌️

Just so you know, a small percentage of people actually got their copies of Lawnboy when they were originally supposed to, but it was minimal and the large majority never did. Apparently, some pallets got fucked up with Amazon's copies, so they've been waiting to have them replaced this whole time. At least, that's what I was finally informed of by a representative, back when it happened. It took forever to finally get someone to look into it.
It finally happened early this morning.
Amazon finally cancelled my order,
It’s up to Acoustic Sounds now!
qIvRosM.png

Hell yes, man. I love “Piper.” Currently going through the Dick’s run and then I’ll start on this and your past recommendations. Forgot I asked over a year ago for some show suggestions.

Thanks!!! ✌️

It finally happened early this morning.
Amazon finally cancelled my order,
It’s up to Acoustic Sounds now!
qIvRosM.png

Acoustic Sounds is better anyway. I may have ordered mine from them

Woah! Over 30 minutes. Thanks for sharing!

I'm relistening to it myself, right now. I just remember being there and the Piper really standing out. At the time, I don't think I realized that it was a half hour. We jumped the fence and got chased into that show. My memory is a little blurry, but looking at dates, I guess the Brooklyn show where Jay Z came out was the show before. That was kind of a short, but wacky, little run of early Summer dates through the second half of June -- we did Bonnaroo first and then took a short detour in Atlanta, before heading up for those. After that, they came back in August and did that run up to Coventry.

Now I'm looking up Pipers and have found posts/threads where both the version that you posted and the one that I did are both being mentioned. I've seen a couple other comments about how well it kicked off and set the tone for the show you were at.

I'm relistening to it myself, right now. I just remember being there and the Piper really standing out. At the time, I don't think I realized that it was a half hour. We jumped the fence and got chased into that show. My memory is a little blurry, but looking at dates, I guess the Brooklyn show where Jay Z came out was the show before. That was kind of a short, but wacky, little run of early Summer dates through the second half of June -- we did Bonnaroo first and then took a short detour in Atlanta, before heading up for those. After that, they came back in August and did that run up to Coventry.

Now I'm looking up Pipers and have found posts/threads where both the version that you posted and the one that I did are both being mentioned. I've seen a couple other comments about how well it kicked off and set the tone for the show you were at.
Yeah, I really enjoyed the summer 2004 tour. I went to the two Deer Creek shows followed by 2 Alpine Valley shows. I had a great time. I think we had pavilions every night (back when you could buy tickets for like $50 each, instead of the crazy prices they go for now). That 2nd set of the 2nd night of Alpine was phenomenal. Highly recommend listening to Boogie On into that Alpine Jam. Then there was Ghost, Piper, Harry Hood all in the 2nd set with a Possum encore (icing on the cake for me.)

Yeah, that 2nd night in Miami was a fun show. Nice versions of Wolfmans and Free. Probably the most energy from the crowd I've ever seen after the show. People were ecstatic, just hollering and erupting on the way out of the venue.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the summer 2004 tour. I went to the two Deer Creek shows followed by 2 Alpine Valley shows. I had a great time. I think we had pavilions every night (back when you could buy tickets for like $50 each, instead of the crazy prices they go for now). That 2nd set of the 2nd night of Alpine was phenomenal. Highly recommend listening to Boogie On into that Alpine Jam. Then there was Ghost, Piper, Harry Hood all in the 2nd set with a Possum encore (icing on the cake for me.)

I was at all of those shows, but I haven't relistened to any of them, so I need to. The first time that I went to Deer Creek was in 2000 and the show from 7/11/2000 blew me away. I worked my way onto some ground crew where I'd pick up garbage all day and, in return, they'd give me a free ticket. It was a cake gig, as we just meandered around and found ground scores -- I wound up with a little chillum. Then some stranger put some drops from a sweet breath bottle on my tongue on the way in and I was spun by the time I got through the gate. Phil Lesh and Dylan played the venue the day before the Phish shows, so I was there for awhile.

If I remember correctly, there was a one day break, or something, between the Deer Creek Phish shows and Columbus. There was actually discussion of Phish tacking on a 4th show at Deer Creek, because there was a Kansas show scheduled that looked like it might be getting canceled last minute. They told us that, if we worked to clean shit up, they'd give us ticket to it and, if Phish didn't end up playing, we had tickets and a shuttle to Columbus. It seemed like a no brainer, but the show didn't happen and, while the lot was emptying and I was trying to find someone to verify this was still a go, there was some huge ordeal over a girl overdosing and the whole thing got scrapped. WOMP WOMP. I went up and caught Phil at Alpine on my way heading back home to Olympia, Wa.

OH SHIT! HA! I'm actually in this fucking video. I just saw this on youtube, so I had to check to see if I showed up in it.

At the 15.35 mark, I'm walking through wearing a blue bandana and holding a cardboard sign. On the side shown, it says "will test doses."
The other side read...

"Looking for...
* A miracle ticket
* Mormon Info
* Possibly a wife"

At the time, I had this idea for a documentary and was trying to interview jack mormons that ran away and joined Phish tour

Anyway... this show was bananas

the piper from my first phish show in 99 is a pretty dang good one. 20+ minutes. and in a second set that includes a run of tweezer > on your way down > piper > yem.

so, this west coast tour has been something. and i really hope i can get to a show sooner than later to see that lighting rig in action in person.
I should probably give these shows a listen. Honestly, I haven't been paying too much attention to the Phish tour, been distracted following the Primus tour and the crazy setlists they've been busting out. Last night they mixed some Oysterhead into the set, Polka Dot Rose.

I should probably give these shows a listen. Honestly, I haven't been paying too much attention to the Phish tour, been distracted following the Primus tour and the crazy setlists they've been busting out. Last night they mixed some Oysterhead into the set, Polka Dot Rose.
I will go out on a limb and say 2021 is the best year since 2.0. It’s essentially been 2.0 with a healthy band. The jams are patient and long, they’re finding fresh, new grooves, and the bust outs are plentiful. They’re playing at a very high level.

Last night’s show will likely be a contender for show of the year. The flow is incredible. Whatever they’ve got planned for Halloween is going to be special.

YEMSG can’t get here soon enough for me!

Back