Phish

I’ve got the DVD. This is gonna be really expensive but I don’t think I can pass it up. So much goodness in there, and the Clinch book looks awesome.

What's the story on the Danny Clinch book? I went walked the distance for the festival, but I have one of those signed books that they sent everyone who turned around at Coventry.

What's the story on the Danny Clinch book? I went walked the distance for the festival, but I have one of those signed books that they sent everyone who turned around at Coventry.
That one from Coventry is sweet. Goes for some money I think. At least it did.

What's that single gray record in one of your images?

And what do people think this is gonna cost? That NYE 95 Box Set was $130 many many years ago. Is this Clifford Box gonna be $300?
It’s the Flatbed jam, exclusive to buying it at Dry Goods Monday morning as a “bonus”

I honestly think we’re gonna see $300-350, minimum.

And it also includes a 40 page book of photos? It'll be $400 I bet. Though Phish seem to be using GZ now, so price may not be that bad.
I’m thinking if the Lee Morgan 12-LP box set cost $350, this will easily be that.

Also, I think I paid $500 for the Baker’s Dozen set back in 2018, which now has an insane value for a CD box set. But I love that thing. That was 36-CDs and a bunch of inserts.

What's that single gray record in one of your images?

And what do people think this is gonna cost? That NYE 95 Box Set was $130 many many years ago. Is this Clifford Box gonna be $300?
NYE 95 was all over the place depending on where you were. I saw as low as 130 and as high as 230. I paid 180 for mine. But those were all from shops. Don’t think DG ever sold that one directly.

I'm very curious what the price is gonna be on this.

I want to buy the set, but then again, how often (if ever) will I listen to the entire thing? It's 12 records? The 40 page book is a huge highlight for me, but I feel like this will be around $400, which is a lot. And it'll likely be pressed at GZ. The LivePhish series 1 and 2 were both pressed at GZ, and I thought were somewhat mediocre (this is relative to all their studio album pressings, which have been exceptional and manufactured at better plants). Suffice to say, I don't know what I'm gonna do. '96 was a good year for Phish.

I'm very curious what the price is gonna be on this.

I want to buy the set, but then again, how often (if ever) will I listen to the entire thing? It's 12 records? The 40 page book is a huge highlight for me, but I feel like this will be around $400, which is a lot. And it'll likely be pressed at GZ. The LivePhish series 1 and 2 were both pressed at GZ, and I thought were somewhat mediocre (this is relative to all their studio album pressings, which have been exceptional and manufactured at better plants). Suffice to say, I don't know what I'm gonna do. '96 was a good year for Phish.
I figure I'll at least grab the Flatbed Jam since it's Dry Good only and limited and then could hypothetically wait a while until the indie stores get it in March. But depends on the price. I'm thinking it'll be $400 too.

I figure I'll at least grab the Flatbed Jam since it's Dry Good only and limited and then could hypothetically wait a while until the indie stores get it in March. But depends on the price. I'm thinking it'll be $400 too.
My interpretation was the Flatbed Jam was only included as a bonus with the box and not sold separately.

That's how I was looking at it

My interpretation was the Flatbed Jam was only included as a bonus with the box and not sold separately.

It doesn't seem like it's worded that way. It says "pick up both" and Phish.com references it like this in their announcement

"To complete the weekend set, Phish Dry Goods will have an exclusive bonus LP of Phish’s late-night 37-minute “Flatbed Jam” from their early AM drive through the parking lot, playing an ambient set on the back of a flatbed truck as fans slept. The limited 180g “Tarmac Pavement” pressing of “Flatbed Jam” is available only at Phish Dry Goods."

Available only at Phish Dry Goods, but it doesn't say available only with the preorders.

EDIT:
Screenshot_20211128-193218_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah I’m very conflicted. Majority of my Phish intake is on LivePhish. I have all of their releases sans an OG Farmhouse and Two Soundchecks (never will understand the market price on that one), but honestly the studio stuff gets the most spins from me. I do like spinning the MSG 95, the Dozen box and ALO every once in a while but rarely in full. Pressing an entire festival almost seems like overkill, would much rather a box of highlights from all of the festivals.

Back