Phish

I was on the fence. The fact that it doesn’t charge until it ships pushed me over. I can plan to save that $400 over the next 4 months.
When you put it thaaaaaaat way...

Actually, I better go start work. You are going to convince me.

Also says, "will hit independent record stores on March 4".

So, if I buy from Plaidroom, there is no sales tax and no shipping charges, which will save me $40. Granted their price may be higher (but I doubt it). I wonder if Paladin has access to these?

When you put it thaaaaaaat way...

Actually, I better go start work. You are going to convince me.

Also says, "will hit independent record stores on March 4".

So, if I buy from Plaidroom, there is no sales tax and no shipping charges, which will save me $40. Granted their price may be higher (but I doubt it). I wonder if Paladin has access to these?
At one point Amazon had bakers dozen for $67 when dry goods was charging $140. Hoping for the same scenario.

At one point Amazon had bakers dozen for $67 when dry goods was charging $140. Hoping for the same scenario.
My only word of caution would be edition size. I remember thinking the same thing about the Dozen 36 CD-box set and slept on the Dry Goods price. Then it sold out two months into pre-orders and when I eventually tracked one down to indie retailer it was the same price and didn’t come with the Pollock.

Im sure this will be easier to find, but I dunno about a drastic price decrease. I can’t imagine they made more than 2-3K of these total.

My only word of caution would be edition size. I remember thinking the same thing about the Dozen 36 CD-box set and slept on the Dry Goods price. Then it sold out two months into pre-orders and when I eventually tracked one down to indie retailer it was the same price and didn’t come with the Pollock.

Im sure this will be easier to find, but I dunno about a drastic price decrease. I can’t imagine they made more than 2-3K of these total.
You could very well be right!

And if it sells out, I'll likely say to myself, "well, that sucks, but you can always go play your CD-Rs of the DSDB recordings" I'd say we have been very fortunate that high quality digital audio for Clifford Ball has been around for 25 years!

It looks like a beautiful boxset. I do have concerns about the pressing QC given the number of discs and the number of sets coming out. And, it sort of pisses me off a little bit that Dry Goods had free shipping over $99 yesterday, but today, they don't. Phish's merch is a GIANT business. Seems like they could offer their fanbase a little break on this expensive boxset. 🤷‍♂️

And, it sort of pisses me off a little bit that Dry Goods had free shipping over $99 yesterday, but today, they don't. Phish's merch is a GIANT business. Seems like they could offer their fanbase a little break on this expensive boxset. 🤷‍♂️
I don’t think Phish is particularly generous when it comes to merch, streams, LP app, etc. I don’t pay for LP bc I think the subscription price is about 2x what it should be. I also think the couch tour pricing is very high, especially relative to the price of a ticket to the show itself.

Obviously, many people are fine w/ the pricing bc Phish does very well with all their secondary income sources, and Phish is entitled to conduct its business however it pleases, but they miss me on the supply/demand curve with almost all of their offerings.

I don’t think Phish is particularly generous when it comes to merch, streams, LP app, etc. I don’t pay for LP bc I think the subscription price is about 2x what it should be. I also think the couch tour pricing is very high, especially relative to the price of a ticket to the show itself.

Obviously, many people are fine w/ the pricing bc Phish does very well with all their secondary income sources, and Phish is entitled to conduct its business however it pleases, but they miss me on the supply/demand curve with almost all of their offerings.
I agree that as someone who considers themselves a very casual fan, all of that stuff seems pricey to me. I appreciate that I'm not necessarily the target audience for this stuff. I mean if the Dead (with whom I am much closer to that target) did that and there was no archive/torrents for SBDs, I'd probably do that for them.

The couch tour prices are insane. Can only justify it if I’m watching with several people and can split the cost. Otherwise the price you’d pay to watch a show that you can listen to 15 minutes after they walk off stage is more than going to a local live show.

Back