Online Vinyl Deals

don't sleep on hasaan, this is visionary stuff!

Truly. Metaphysics is one of my favourite records in our collection and it's thanks to this forum that I spent way more money than I should have at the time on a numbered copy from the first run - I regret absolutely nothing and if shipping were cheaper to the hinterlands I'd probably pick up a couple more copies to give away as gifts.

I haven't cracked my copy of the box set yet, but I did stream the release nearly half a dozen times before the RSD set came out. Also incredibly worthwhile, but not as essential as Metaphysics.

Is it me or does it seem like there are fewer and fewer really good vinyl deals out there right now?

In fact, it seems just the opposite - vinyl prices look to be at least 10-15 percent higher now than they were last fall. With very few actual shop/label sales or discounts (other than Omni this week and a very limited sale at Blue Note).

One example is Newbury. They used to have frequent sales and often some good deals on individual titles. Now it seems like most of their current inventory falls in the $30-$45 range. I mean, I get that for some of their exclusive titles. But standard Harry Styles for $34? Lana Del Rey "Lust for Life" 2LP for $53?! (They're not titles I'm interested in, but the sticker price caught my eye.)

Just curious what other folks are seeing. Some of the current prices - especially for Impulse!, Blue Note, Craft, Acoustic Sounds reissues - have definitely had an impact on how much I'm buying lately.

Is it me or does it seem like there are fewer and fewer really good vinyl deals out there right now?

In fact, it seems just the opposite - vinyl prices look to be at least 10-15 percent higher now than they were last fall. With very few actual shop/label sales or discounts (other than Omni this week and a very limited sale at Blue Note).

One example is Newbury. They used to have frequent sales and often some good deals on individual titles. Now it seems like most of their current inventory falls in the $30-$45 range. I mean, I get that for some of their exclusive titles. But standard Harry Styles for $34? Lana Del Rey "Lust for Life" 2LP for $53?! (They're not titles I'm interested in, but the sticker price caught my eye.)

Just curious what other folks are seeing. Some of the current prices - especially for Impulse!, Blue Note, Craft, Acoustic Sounds reissues - have definitely had an impact on how much I'm buying lately.
i have a newbury near me. can't remember the last time they had really good deals. the only benefit for me is that they often have stuff that's OOS or OOP since most people who go to the one near me seem to only buy the new releases (like Harry Styles and Lana Del Ray). they had a 15 or 20% off sale a month or two ago in store but their prices have always been on the high side.

Target presale prices are lower than MSRP and i've noticed they bump back up to MSRP once they are released. The Bob Marley jamaican reissues come to mind-- $25 on preorder, now at $30 last i checked. so that's a 20% discount + 5% on redcard, which isn't bad. IIRC they might have a B2G1 sale in june or around memorial day. Amazon still has sales on the BN stuff regularly.

I think i have the opposite problem to you. since nearly every single one of these releases has gone on sale somewhere in the past, i'm in no rush to pick up a large majority of these reissues in presale. and there are so many releases i can't keep up so i end up ordering very few of the BNs/ASs/etc now.

@MikeH = glass half fulll 😀
@stpaulbrowns = glass half empty 😔
i think i get analysis paralysis with all these jazz releases and then either i buy a ton and listen to them once or don't buy any for a long time. i really can't keep up with all of them. i know it's a good problem to have but...i do wish some other lesser known labels got their reissue campaigns together.

i think i get analysis paralysis with all these jazz releases and then either i buy a ton and listen to them once or don't buy any for a long time. i really can't keep up with all of them. i know it's a good problem to have but...i do wish some other lesser known labels got their reissue campaigns together.
same, I just ask my record store guy which ones are worthwhile at this point and pick up his recommendations. i've been shopping there for 20 years, so at this point, he knows what I'll like and he hasn't led me astray in a very long time

same, I just ask my record store guy which ones are worthwhile at this point and pick up his recommendations. i've been shopping there for 20 years, so at this point, he knows what I'll like and he hasn't led me astray in a very long time
wish i had a local like that still...my favorite was a shop in NYC called In Living Stereo. One dude who worked there was so awesome to talk to. Was always playing great music in store and recommending records based on what i picked up. i don't really have a local now....a few shops within 30 min but don't go to the best one enough to know the people there.

Seems a lot cheaper than elsewhere

Vinyl related I guess. Figuring a few people may still get a magazine or two. Under The Radar has 20% off subscriptions this week -

U.S. 4-issue subscription promo code: UTR7123

U.S. 8-issue subscription promo code: UTR71232

Canada 4-issue subscription promo code: UTR7123CAN

Canada 8-issue subscription promo code: UTR7123CAN2

International 4-issue subscription promo code: UTR7123INT

International 8-issue subscription promo code: UTR7123INT2

A 4-issue subscription to the U.S. or Canada is now $15.20 instead of the usual $18.99 and an 8-issue subscription to the U.S. or Canada is now $26.39 instead of the usual $32.99. For international subscribers, a 4-issue subscription is $34.99 instead of $43.99 and an 8-issue subscription is $68.79 instead of $85.99.

Vinyl related I guess. Figuring a few people may still get a magazine or two. Under The Radar has 20% off subscriptions this week -

A 4-issue subscription to the U.S. or Canada is now $15.20 instead of the usual $18.99 and an 8-issue subscription to the U.S. or Canada is now $26.39 instead of the usual $32.99. For international subscribers, a 4-issue subscription is $34.99 instead of $43.99 and an 8-issue subscription is $68.79 instead of $85.99.

I'm not familiar with this one, but I do love magazines still. Will have to check it out.

Thanks! I was just thinking about signing up for a Creem magazine (I still might). I really miss old school music magazines.

Back