Online Vinyl Deals

Asks quietly: Any Bill Joel fans on this thread? If so, read on...

(His "Collection" just hit the bargain bin at Pop Market for $73 and use the code WAX for another 10% off; taxes apply but free shipping).

This was just too good to pass on. Many memories growing up in WNY in the 80s listening to this music.

PS Here's what's in it: Billy Joel’s first six studio albums and two live albums, including previously unreleased Live at The Great American Music Hall. These titles are presented in recreations of their original packaging and accompanied by a 50-page book featuring rarely-seen photos and memorabilia from this chapter of Billy Joel’s recording career along with an essay by Anthony DeCurtis.
i'm pretty sure i have all these albums and never listen to them but am STILL tempted to pick it up hah.

edit: also insane that this just came out in november and is already on massive discount. wonder if we'll see this with more releases...

Asks quietly: Any Bill Joel fans on this thread? If so, read on...

(His "Collection" just hit the bargain bin at Pop Market for $73 and use the code WAX for another 10% off; taxes apply but free shipping).

This was just too good to pass on. Many memories growing up in WNY in the 80s listening to this music.

PS Here's what's in it: Billy Joel’s first six studio albums and two live albums, including previously unreleased Live at The Great American Music Hall. These titles are presented in recreations of their original packaging and accompanied by a 50-page book featuring rarely-seen photos and memorabilia from this chapter of Billy Joel’s recording career along with an essay by Anthony DeCurtis.

Gutted. Too heavy to ship internationally apparently. I'd pick that up straight away.

Urban Outfitters has an extra 30% off the sale price going on for select titles. Not a whole lot there, but I did get My Morning Jacket and Jade Bird for under $40 shipped.

i'm pretty sure i have all these albums and never listen to them but am STILL tempted to pick it up hah.

edit: also insane that this just came out in november and is already on massive discount. wonder if we'll see this with more releases..

Purely anecdotal but I have seen, either online or in person, that retailers have been a lot more aggressive slashing prices on newer releases that may have been over ordered. I saw the new Lumineers, Snail Mail, and Adele in the 20% off bin at my local, and there was the Walmart $5 clearance post on Adele too.

Lol.

So the Neal Casal? Just got the CDs. I love Amazon haha. Let's see if their return people are feeling nice and see if I can replace it with the vinyl.
Yeah if that’s the case I’m just going to cancel mine. Ordered the vinyl, not our problem that a multi billion dollar company messed up. Price was what it was and they should fulfill it.

So I 100% bought that Billy Joel set. For those that did here's a review: Listening Report: Billy Joel’s Vinyl Collection Boxed Set - The Original Albums

also, I guess that mastering is:
The box includes a 50+ page booklet that highlights Joel’s early career through photos, quotes, and an essay. All titles have been “sourced from the original album tapes and prepared by Ted Jensen at Sterling Sound”.

Many many thanks for the posting. The live set looks to be a treat: Listening Report: Billy Joel’s Vinyl Collection Boxed Set - The Live Concert

(caveat: I really know nothing about the reviewers, etc)

Not sure what this is. The picture looks like an earlier pressing of Rumours, but it’s a lightning deal?

Limited-time deal: Rumours Amazon product ASIN B004XYRL7E
Always shocked to see how much 70s pressings of this one has climbed in price. Could find that for $2 all day just a few years ago. Now I rarely see it below $30.

Not sure what this is. The picture looks like an earlier pressing of Rumours, but it’s a lightning deal?

Limited-time deal: Rumours Amazon product ASIN B004XYRL7E
I thought lightning deals were timed, this just looks like a 3rd party seller selling through Amazon with Prime shipping and enabling a price drop. Seller name is a2z Blu Ray

Back