Online Vinyl Deals

Not sure if this is the best place for this, but has anyone else recently had issues with Sleeve City? I placed an order August 26th and I got a shipping notification on the 27th. Tracking still says "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item"

I emailed them almost a week ago and they said "I'm sorry to hear you have not received your order. The post office is experiencing significant delays. I assure you that your order was shipped when the label was generated. This has become a common problem with them, and it is very frustrating. Please keep an eye on your tracking, your order should start moving."

I get there are delays, but this hasn't even been shown as accepted in the system yet! I've also shipped several things all over the country media mail and nothing has taken longer than a week. :mad: Not happy with Sleeve City right now....
View attachment 66700
I placed a large order ($200+) with them during the Labor Day sale on 9/5, they shipped Fedex 9/8, delivered 9/11. My order was too large for media mail though so it wasn’t USPS. Hope they make you whole as I’ve been using them for 15 years without a problem.

I will also say with USPS recently I’ve noticed if I just drop off at a box or have it picked up by the mailman, it doesn’t get scanned into the system until it reaches a hub outside of my region 7-10 days later. I’ve gotten into the habit of going to the post office now and dropping it off at the counter and asking them to scan it for a receipt so it shows up right away in the system on the tracking number.

I placed a large order ($200+) with them during the Labor Day sale on 9/5, they shipped Fedex 9/8, delivered 9/11. My order was too large for media mail though so it wasn’t USPS. Hope they make you whole as I’ve been using them for 15 years without a problem.

I will also say with USPS recently I’ve noticed if I just drop off at a box or have it picked up by the mailman, it doesn’t get scanned into the system until it reaches a hub outside of my region 7-10 days later. I’ve gotten into the habit of going to the post office now and dropping it off at the counter and asking them to scan it for a receipt so it shows up right away in the system on the tracking number.
I have noticed this too. Even though I print labels at home through PayPal now, I still bring it to the Post Office to drop off, otherwise it won't get scanned for a long time.

I have noticed this too. Even though I print labels at home through PayPal now, I still bring it to the Post Office to drop off, otherwise it won't get scanned for a long time.
Same here. If I just drop something in the parcel box at my local PO here in Austin, most often it does not get scanned or entered into the system until it gets to Dallas hub.

3LP’s of Hank Williams for $7.54. Hell of a deal. This set gets great reviews as well.

Thanks! Grabbed a copy as well. Looks like a pretty interesting little set especially for that price.

The little talk I found about it is all positive as well.

HMV. (UK) Has a lot in the sale section and free delivery over £20.
Im not a GD Fan. But this might be a good deal...... (certainly better value than the VMP box set)

Retail on these averages is $90-100 USD (list is $129) so this looks like a good deal.

As far as the show goes, there are definite highlights - the Truckin is one of the best ever, the NFA>GDTRFB>OMSN rocks, Peggy-O is gorgeous, but the vinyl has issues. The vocals are pretty much out on Side C due to technical issues and there are a few sides featuring one or two short songs. The packaging is nice and sound is fine (definitely digital in the chain).

Man that's a tough one to say no to...
It’s a fun little set. They’re largely (if not all) digitally captured and mastered needle-drops from prererecorded radio broadcasts, so if you’re looking for archival audiophile stuff, this ain’t yer pony. But the vinyl version is the slimmed down version of the (much) larger CD set with the complete recordings. In this case I think the wax is almost better, even though it’s incomplete. The cd version is like, painfully complete. Neat for historical perspective but not a great listen. The 3xLP is like a “best of.”

It’s a fun little set. They’re largely (if not all) digitally captured and mastered needle-drops from prererecorded radio broadcasts, so if you’re looking for archival audiophile stuff, this ain’t yer pony. But the vinyl version is the slimmed down version of the (much) larger CD set with the complete recordings. In this case I think the wax is almost better, even though it’s incomplete. The cd version is like, painfully complete. Neat for historical perspective but not a great listen. The 3xLP is like a “best of.”

And the price is already 25 cents cheaper.

Yeah - free shipping, apparently. I ordered that Amy Winehouse record today, and there was no extra charge for shipping.

So, I posted about dodax.com a while ago after I made my first ever purchase from the site. I finally received the record and opened it and...one of the paper inner sleeves is stuck to the LP inside. It's like glued onto the record. I tried to separate it from the record and it just tore, so there is all this paper stuck to the record. Also, the record is warped worse than any record I've ever received and the cover is pretty dented in the corner (which was conveniently hidden by the abbey road obi strip).

I contacted their customer service, but I have no track record with them to know how they'll handle this. It's not available on their site anymore, so the best I can hope for is a refund.

Has anyone else in the US had any experience with dodax.com?
[1600648404416.jpeg
1600648451957.jpeg
Is there anything I could do to get all that paper off?

So, I posted about dodax.com a while ago after I made my first ever purchase from the site. I finally received the record and opened it and...one of the paper inner sleeves is stuck to the LP inside. It's like glued onto the record. I tried to separate it from the record and it just tore, so there is all this paper stuck to the record. Also, the record is warped worse than any record I've ever received and the cover is pretty dented in the corner (which was conveniently hidden by the abbey road obi strip).

I contacted their customer service, but I have no track record with them to know how they'll handle this. It's not available on their site anymore, so the best I can hope for is a refund.

Has anyone else in the US had any experience with dodax.com?
[View attachment 67050
View attachment 67051
Is there anything I could do to get all that paper off?
I've heard that wood glue is the way to do these - that looks rough.

Back