Online Vinyl Deals

Not sure if this is the best place for this, but has anyone else recently had issues with Sleeve City? I placed an order August 26th and I got a shipping notification on the 27th. Tracking still says "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item"

I emailed them almost a week ago and they said "I'm sorry to hear you have not received your order. The post office is experiencing significant delays. I assure you that your order was shipped when the label was generated. This has become a common problem with them, and it is very frustrating. Please keep an eye on your tracking, your order should start moving."

I get there are delays, but this hasn't even been shown as accepted in the system yet! I've also shipped several things all over the country media mail and nothing has taken longer than a week. :mad: Not happy with Sleeve City right now....
View attachment 66700
hmm...I ordered some 2.5 outers and box set outers on 9/6, it "shipped" 9/8 and I think I received them early this week. But I think @Heath may be right. I know that they have had massive stock issues recently and also with COVID are on pretty limited staffing. My guess is that when an order came through, they printed labels automatically and if something is still not in stock yet, they are waiting to ship it.

I know its frustrating but I also know that tons of these smaller businesses are struggling to keep up with things right now.

Also, it’s clearly a lie because it’s happening to everyone with them. The postal service has become spotty but just be honest that you’re behind and haven’t gotten it out the door yet. Plaid room can still get stuff to me in a couple of days. Soul Step is doing fine. Magnolia clearly batches and that’s why it took so long.

I had a similar experience a bit back. I even posted a profile thread about it. I think their product is the best but their flippant response really upset me.
I don't need another favorite vendor to fall from grace. I've never had any problems with anything I've ordered, it has been a couple of months since my last order though.

hmm...I ordered some 2.5 outers and box set outers on 9/6, it "shipped" 9/8 and I think I received them early this week. But I think @Heath may be right. I know that they have had massive stock issues recently and also with COVID are on pretty limited staffing. My guess is that when an order came through, they printed labels automatically and if something is still not in stock yet, they are waiting to ship it.

I know its frustrating but I also know that tons of these smaller businesses are struggling to keep up with things right now.
Struggling isn’t an excuse for lack of transparency. I’d rather be told that they were waiting on something or they’re backed up.

Yeah I totally get small businesses are having a tough time. This is why I do my best to support these businesses and my local shops, especially now.

If they said THEY were experiencing delays or stock issues that's one thing. but them to say "I assure you that your order was shipped when the label was generated" does not sit well with me.

EDIT. I placed an order through amazon last night for some different inners and outters to suffice until my sleeve city order comes in. Didnt want to but here we are.

Yeah I totally get small businesses are having a tough time. This is why I do my best to support these businesses and my local shops, especially now.

If they said THEY were experiencing delays or stock issues that's one thing. but them to say "I assure you that your order was shipped when the label was generated" does not sit well with me.
I somehow missed that part hah. Yes--that sucks. It also seems a bit weird that mine arrived fairly quickly. I did notice it sitting in the waiting to be scanned phase for awhile though but it didn't seem to get caught up in any hubs this time. My media mail has been ALL over the place. I had a One Step I bought from someone get stuck for 3 weeks in Pittsburgh I think and that stressed me out quite a bit hah.

I somehow missed that part hah. Yes--that sucks. It also seems a bit weird that mine arrived fairly quickly. I did notice it sitting in the waiting to be scanned phase for awhile though but it didn't seem to get caught up in any hubs this time. My media mail has been ALL over the place. I had a One Step I bought from someone get stuck for 3 weeks in Pittsburgh I think and that stressed me out quite a bit hah.

Yeah it's all over the place...I've definitely had some shipments that stayed in "label created" for a week, only to finally get scanned and updated in the system when it's at the final hub. But I've also had some companies create the label then sit on the package for a while before shipping it, and then blame the USPS delay even though it was their doing.

Not sure if this is the best place for this, but has anyone else recently had issues with Sleeve City? I placed an order August 26th and I got a shipping notification on the 27th. Tracking still says "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item"

I emailed them almost a week ago and they said "I'm sorry to hear you have not received your order. The post office is experiencing significant delays. I assure you that your order was shipped when the label was generated. This has become a common problem with them, and it is very frustrating. Please keep an eye on your tracking, your order should start moving."

I get there are delays, but this hasn't even been shown as accepted in the system yet! I've also shipped several things all over the country media mail and nothing has taken longer than a week. :mad: Not happy with Sleeve City right now....
View attachment 66700
This won't help solve your problem, but I placed an order on 9/4, received shipping confirmation 9/8. Just checked tracking and it's "out for delivery" today. We'll see. They offered a Labor Day discount that might have bogged them down a bit, but that wouldn't explain why your order prior to Labor Day would have been affected. I agree with the prevailing sentiment that at the very least they should be working to make this right for you.

This won't help solve your problem, but I placed an order on 9/4, received shipping confirmation 9/8. Just checked tracking and it's "out for delivery" today. We'll see. They offered a Labor Day discount that might have bogged them down a bit, but that wouldn't explain why your order prior to Labor Day would have been affected. I agree with the prevailing sentiment that at the very least they should be working to make this right for you.
Yep same with me...placed order over Labor Day, received them this past Monday

The Josh Rouse is down to $4.46 now which is just silly.

Also, this is niche, but the Honey Boy Original Motion Picture Soundtrack is at $7.66 right now and dropping on our evil overlord. It's a very low key soundtrack by Alex Somers but really fit the movie well and honestly works well as a lo-fi independent piece as well if you feel that urge.
My Rouse is arriving today.

Anything below $10 I can almost always rationalize as it's basically the price of a cup of primo coffee. And these last longer and won't make me :poop:

EDIT. I placed an order through amazon last night for some different inners and outters to suffice until my sleeve city order comes in. Didnt want to but here we are.

sent them another email. We shall see what they say.

Hello again,

I have waited several more days and the order still has not been received by the USPS. I have several friends who received their orders placed over Labor Day weekend using a sale code. My order was placed and supposedly shipped prior to the holiday. If there are stock issues, that is understandable, but to have been told "I assure you that your order was shipped when the label was generated" indicates to me that there is an issue here. Either it was not shipped or it is lost somewhere. I have placed several orders in the past and never experienced an issue and have always received my order quickly. I have even been notified of stock issues after ordering asking if I would like to wait or modify my order which I did appreciate. This order has left a bad taste in my mouth because I had to place an order on Amazon for some different products while I wait for this order to arrive.

Is there ANYTHING you can do to help me out here? cancel the order, reship it, refund it, offer a discount for a future order? anything?

regards,

Same here - ordered 9/4, shipped 9/8, received my package yesterday. Sorry to everyone having issues with them, I guess I got lucky this round.

sent them another email. We shall see what they say.

they responded within 30 minutes:

"I'm sorry to hear you still have not received your order. We have had a bunch of orders that shipped that day that were either delayed for a couple weeks or just vanished. We will re-ship your order. I hope it gets to you asap. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience."

The Josh Rouse is down to $4.46 now which is just silly.

Also, this is niche, but the Honey Boy Original Motion Picture Soundtrack is at $7.66 right now and dropping on our evil overlord. It's a very low key soundtrack by Alex Somers but really fit the movie well and honestly works well as a lo-fi independent piece as well if you feel that urge.
No brainer on the Josh Rouse, just bought it. The packaging is actually really pretty after looking at it on Discogs.

Polyvinyl has a Buy 2 get 1 deal this weekend.

American Football, Deerhoof, Get Up Kids, Grateful Dead, Julia Jacklin, Japandroids, Jay Som, Kero Kero Bonito, Of Montreal, Pedro the Lion, Jeff Rosenstock, White Reaper and others... including Xiu Xiu test pressings.

Shop: Buy 2 LPs, Get 1 LP Free
Help us celebrate our 24th birthday with a vinyl sale!
Polyvinyl is 24!!! Can you believe it? We are so incredibly grateful for each and every minute of this journey. And since we didn't want to celebrate our birthday without you, this weekend only:

Buy 2 LPs
Get One Free!

So what are you waiting for?? Dive on in. Choose from 150+ titles! Pick any two records and then grab a 3rd one absolutely FREE. Discount automatically applied in cart.

(Also yes, I cannot stop watching the gif of our fearless leader and co-founder Matt Lunsford doing an ollie over a CAKE. You simply love to see it folks.)

they responded within 30 minutes:

"I'm sorry to hear you still have not received your order. We have had a bunch of orders that shipped that day that were either delayed for a couple weeks or just vanished. We will re-ship your order. I hope it gets to you asap. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience."
Nice! Your email was perfect, by the way. Respectful, informative, and necessary. I'm glad to know it led to this.

American Football, Deerhoof, Get Up Kids, Grateful Dead, Julia Jacklin, Japandroids, Jay Som, Kero Kero Bonito, Of Montreal, Pedro the Lion, Jeff Rosenstock, White Reaper and others... including Xiu Xiu test pressings.

Polyvinyl is 24!!! Can you believe it? We are so incredibly grateful for each and every minute of this journey. And since we didn't want to celebrate our birthday without you, this weekend only:

Buy 2 LPs
Get One Free!

So what are you waiting for?? Dive on in. Choose from 150+ titles! Pick any two records and then grab a 3rd one absolutely FREE. Discount automatically applied in cart.

(Also yes, I cannot stop watching the gif of our fearless leader and co-founder Matt Lunsford doing an ollie over a CAKE. You simply love to see it folks.)

Make sure to remember code PVEMAIL20 for 20% off ❤

Buy 2 LPs
Get One Free!

Make sure to remember code PVEMAIL20 for 20% off ❤
I got
Chris Farren - Born Hot
Kero Kero Bonito - Bonito Generation
Xiu Xiu - Angel Guts: Red Classroom
for about $35 shipped ^_^

Back