Online Vinyl Deals

Not sure anyone remembers this “supergroup” called The Thorns consisting of Matthew Sweet, Pete Droge, and Shawn Mullins, but a quick search found these copies remaining, still at 2003 prices (ah the good ol’ days!):

Not sure anyone remembers this “supergroup” called The Thorns consisting of Matthew Sweet, Pete Droge, and Shawn Mullins, but a quick search found these copies remaining, still at 2003 prices (ah the good ol’ days!):

Oh I remember. I have this on CD. Not sure its collection worthy, as I'm not a Mathew Sweet completist.
But for 10.99....maybe I snag it and then PIF it later if I dont spin it enough.

EDIT: The cover of the Jayhawks' Blue on this album is really great.

Last edited:

So this just sent me down the rabbitt hole.
The Webite Circa 2003, complete with Realone Player and Quicktime links to the songs and a Thorns e-card portal are still online.

This is what websites were like when I graduated from Law School kids (Holy Shit am i old):

So this just sent me down the rabbitt hole.
The Webite Circa 2003, complete with Realone Player and Quicktime links to the songs and a Thorns e-card portal are still online.

This is what websites were like when I graduated from Law School kids (Holy Shit am i old):
This is awesome. I am can only imagine the vast ghost towns that exists of old Geocity fan sites. It takes me back to high school and chasing down and then taking hours to download on the 56k modem single live MP3s of Dave Matthews Band then transferring them to a minidisc. Pre Napster internet music exploration at its finest.

Last edited:

One of my all-time favorite albums. I wonder if this is legit. I actually saw The Thorns open for The Jayhawks on this tour.

Back