Online Vinyl Deals

So, I posted about dodax.com a while ago after I made my first ever purchase from the site. I finally received the record and opened it and...one of the paper inner sleeves is stuck to the LP inside. It's like glued onto the record. I tried to separate it from the record and it just tore, so there is all this paper stuck to the record. Also, the record is warped worse than any record I've ever received and the cover is pretty dented in the corner (which was conveniently hidden by the abbey road obi strip).

I contacted their customer service, but I have no track record with them to know how they'll handle this. It's not available on their site anymore, so the best I can hope for is a refund.

Has anyone else in the US had any experience with dodax.com?
[View attachment 67050
View attachment 67051
Is there anything I could do to get all that paper off?
I've heard that wood glue is the way to do these - that looks rough.

Actually, the way to "do these" is to ride over to dodax.com's house and whoop somebody's ass.

Actually, the way to "do these" is to ride over to dodax.com's house and whoop somebody's ass.

update: dodax responded just a few hours after I contacted them, and they offered to send a replacement or a full refund. I’m going to take my chances with a replacement and hope that it was just the summer heat that melted the record and the sleeve onto each other.

Back