Online Vinyl Deals

Since we were recently talking about stellar record stores worth supporting, just wanted to point out that Shuga Records just marked up all their John Prine records by $10+ each right after his death. Screw those guys, never getting a dime from me again.
This is always an issue with me because I'm of 2 minds about it. My initial and what I consider "correct" response is VULTURES!

The other half of me say "it's business", but come on, the guy just passed away, the supply was there, it's not like anything was super hard to find, so this is price gouging. A $10 bin album that can be found if you look doesn't turn into a $20 album just because. If your logic for raising the price is "Oh, he died, you know people are going to start looking for his stuff", I'm not a fan.

These are my opinions of course (Steps off soap box)

This is always an issue with me because I'm of 2 minds about it. My initial and what I consider "correct" response is VULTURES!

The other half of me say "it's business", but come on, the guy just passed away, the supply was there, it's not like anything was super hard to find, so this is price gouging. A $10 bin album that can be found if you look doesn't turn into a $20 album just because. If your logic for raising the price is "Oh, he died, you know people are going to start looking for his stuff", I'm not a fan.

These are my opinions of course (Steps off soap box)

I agree pretty much with both points, and the price raising IMMEDIATELY after his death is what pissed me off. I was just looking at a couple of his albums on there earlier yesterday as part of the 20% sale and they were all reasonably priced, and then literally within an hour of his death they jacked them up. As music fans, the fact that their first instinct upon hearing an absolute legend passes away is to raise the price on his stuff in their store, is messed up. Especially, Ironically, during a "Thank You" sale.

But again, I'm sure they're struggling like all record stores right now to a degree so saw an opportunity to make a few extra bucks. I just think was shitty way to do it. A fair middle ground (IMO) would have been to just make them exempt from the ongoing sale due to demand.

As music fans, the fact that their first instinct upon hearing an absolute legend passes away is to raise the price on his stuff in their store, is messed up. Especially, Ironically, during a "Thank You" sale.

Lots of folks in this business, especially considering the "hot" trendy nature of vinyl right now, aren't music fans at all, merely cash fans.

For those of you who need inner sleeves...MoFi inners $18 / 50 sleeves with free shipping.

I just ordered these last week. I did two packages. Usually order from Amazon, but they wouldn’t have arrived until the end of April. I got these in less than a week.

Hey...can’t seem to find the original post anymore...bu what is the code that unlocks the new sound of vinyl website to use the 30off code?

Hey...can’t seem to find the original post anymore...bu what is the code that unlocks the new sound of vinyl website to use the 30off code?
I thought it was sov2020 but not 100% sure. I believe their old site also has 30% off currently with code 30OFF

What he said👆🏻😂😂
Also, thanks for the heads up on this hah. Forgot how much I like that album...it was one of my earliest CDs I ever purchased. I logged onto sound of vinyl the other night and there was so much that I got overwhelmed and just stopped searching. I ended up grabbing this and Nick Hakim's Green Twins. If your total is $50 before coupon code you get free shipping too.

Also, thanks for the heads up on this hah. Forgot how much I like that album...it was one of my earliest CDs I ever purchased. I logged onto sound of vinyl the other night and there was so much that I got overwhelmed and just stopped searching. I ended up grabbing this and Nick Hakim's Green Twins. If your total is $50 before coupon code you get free shipping too.
Mine Ended up being $3 in shipping...couldn’t find anything else I needed 😂

For those of you who need inner sleeves...MoFi inners $18 / 50 sleeves with free shipping.

Guess who couldn't resist this in spite of being at risk of losing his job in the next months.

Hint: its me

Back