Online Vinyl Deals

Thank you for posting this! I think it's funny that when you check out on the site, there's no state option for DC - you have to pick "Washington, DC". Also Delaware is spelled "Deleware." Poor Delawareans, haha.

remember Plantasia and the mad rush to acquire it once it was released (FOMO)?
well, Rough Trade EU has it going for a song now...

the green vinyl version is going for 13GBP!

Not surprised. This album had an insane amount of variants pressed. This has been happening so much lately with other preorders too...labels press 5+ variants and people get overwhelmed and then they mostly just end up on sale. Happens with just about every Brainfeeder release now.

Not surprised. This album had an insane amount of variants pressed. This has been happening so much lately with other preorders too...labels press 5+ variants and people get overwhelmed and then they mostly just end up on sale. Happens with just about every Brainfeeder release now.

I've said this before, but it reminds me of when i collected comic books. So many variant covers people got burned out and the industry took a hit. Its coming folks, and it wont be good for us.

That damned FOMO...can't tell you how many records I bought from VMP years ago when it actually felt like a club, that I never listen to because I got caught up in the FOMO swirl of adrenaline. No more. I run everything through Spotify 4-5 times before making a decision about buying a record.

I've said this before, but it reminds me of when i collected comic books. So many variant covers people got burned out and the industry took a hit. Its coming folks, and it wont be good for us.
I used to collect baseball cards, and then eventually dealt in them. You could see the writing on the wall when more and more companies started making them, and then came the chase cards, and then came more exclusives...our record collections are going to take a value hit soon. Still, the value lies within the beholder. If you're collecting to one day sell, it may not work out the way you intended. If the value comes to you through the experience you get from spinning vinyl, then you're all good.

I used to collect baseball cards, and then eventually dealt in them. You could see the writing on the wall when more and more companies started making them, and then came the chase cards, and then came more exclusives...our record collections are going to take a value hit soon. Still, the value lies within the beholder. If you're collecting to one day sell, it may not work out the way you intended. If the value comes to you through the experience you get from spinning vinyl, then you're all good.
Ah yes, sports cards and comic books............what a disaster when it all became about variants and chase cards, and we can see what happened. If you can get things when they're at "normal" prices, have at it, but I would be hard pressed to drop a lot on any "variant" of an album and thankfully the ones I have, I did get at "retail". I would especially avoid overpriced variants of new pressings, if you want "rare" go hunt down some original pressings from the 70s, 80s or earlier ;)

ORG Music Spring Cleaning: Mystery Box Sale

2 random titles for $25 shipped. I usually hate mystery boxes because it tends to just be leftover crap but ORG Music releases have been good quality.

limited to 50 customers

looks like a few of you did this. looking forward to seeing what is received.

did anyone respond to the poll about interest in an org music club/subscription that was sent out to those that bought grab bags?

Ah yes, sports cards and comic books............what a disaster when it all became about variants and chase cards, and we can see what happened. If you can get things when they're at "normal" prices, have at it, but I would be hard pressed to drop a lot on any "variant" of an album and thankfully the ones I have, I did get at "retail". I would especially avoid overpriced variants of new pressings, if you want "rare" go hunt down some original pressings from the 70s, 80s or earlier ;)

I can't help but think there are more vinyl buyers out there that care absolutely nothing about music and the experience of records than do. Music fan > music collector.

did anyone respond to the poll about interest in an org music club/subscription that was sent out to those that bought grab bags?
I don’t recall receiving an email, but I have like 2000 spam, so it could be in there. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I can't help but think there are more vinyl buyers out there that care absolutely nothing about music and the experience of records than do. Music fan > music collector.
Agreed. I ordered three records from my favorite record store two weeks ago. They had both colored exclusives and the straight on black. I saved 9 bucks going with the black. I just want the experience, and that experience takes me to another plane. It sedates the shitty day, eliminates the familiar worries, and takes me to my happy place. Colored exclusives? We don't need no stinking exclusives! Name the movie...

I responded. I said I'd just want more info. I love their pressings so could be interested depending on the price. I also have quiet a few of their pressings already though so would be a bit worried about doubling up. I did order the grab bag on a whim though and will let ya know what I end up getting!

Yes I responded that I was interested. They mentioned in the email you could choose a preferred genre so I would definitely be in if they offered a Jazz sub

Also, thanks for the heads up on this hah. Forgot how much I like that album...it was one of my earliest CDs I ever purchased. I logged onto sound of vinyl the other night and there was so much that I got overwhelmed and just stopped searching. I ended up grabbing this and Nick Hakim's Green Twins. If your total is $50 before coupon code you get free shipping too.
So I may have missed the explainer - is the new Sound of Vinyl website OK to order from? Why is it password protected? I have a cart-full right now, but want to make sure it's all ✌

Not sure I've ordered from SoV before. Customer service OK?

Last edited:
Doves Doves Doves! ($10 shipping per album to the US though.)

Back