Online Vinyl Deals

So I may have missed the explainer - is the new Sound of Vinyl website OK to order from? Why is it password protected? I have a cart-full right now, but want to make sure it's all ✌

Not sure I've ordered from SoV before. Customer service OK?
Yep! I ordered Bitches Brew from it, and I got shipping notification. I think it’s password protected because they only invited select members to try it out.

I've been trying to support Indie Record stores and labels during this by making many purchases (especially with all the sales) but literally every single shipment shipped Media Mail has become lost or is completely damaged when it arrives. Unfortunately, I think all record buying is on hold until this over....(except bullmoose since they ship priority)

I've been trying to support Indie Record stores and labels during this by making many purchases (especially with all the sales) but literally every single shipment shipped Media Mail has become lost or is completely damaged when it arrives. Unfortunately, I think all record buying is on hold until this over....(except bullmoose since they ship priority)
Sorry bout your luck:(
Ive actually have experienced faster shipping arrivals though...anyone else?

Yeah I think it's because I'm in NY. Anything coming through the Jersey City distro center is a wildcard even on a good day. Now with this going on, it's essentially a black hole.

As much as I want to continue supporting Record stores, etc through these tough times. I'm not quite well off enough to just keep throwing away money on packages that never arrive.

Last edited:
I shop online at Main Street Music in Philly. I bought three records from them a few weeks back. Ordered them on Sunday and received them on Tuesday. Now, I'm a few hours away in the same state, but at least you know they ship same day or next. They were double "boxed", once in a solid cardboard lp mailer, and then again in another lp mailer with the extended side flaps. Also, free shipping when you spend 50. They are my go-to right now.

I shop online at Main Street Music in Philly. I bought three records from them a few weeks back. Ordered them on Sunday and received them on Tuesday. Now, I'm a few hours away in the same state, but at least you know they ship same day or next. They were double "boxed", once in a solid cardboard lp mailer, and then again in another lp mailer with the extended side flaps. Also, free shipping when you spend 50. They are my go-to right now.

Good to know, thansk. It's not even the massive delays as much that's the issue, it's the fact the longer delivery takes the more likely something is going to end up damaged since the majority of places don't package well. I can add main street music to Plaid Room and Bullmoose in the list of places I know that do actually care about how their records show up.

Faster shipping for me too using both USPS and USPS. I did have one package that got lost, ordered from NJ to PA and somehow 2 weeks later it is still in transit and is in IN. They drop the ball like this occasionally though so its pretty routine. But majority of the time USPS is ok.

I've had pretty good luck with USPS, things getting to the house before the initial expected date. It's actually the local pickup I've had problems with. One they put the wrong album in the bag, didn't check the bag until I got home. Another was super warped. Need to see what they'll do.

Yeah I think it's because I'm in NY. Anything coming through the Jersey City distro center is a wildcard even on a good day. Now with this going on, it's essentially a black hold.

As much as I want to continue supporting Record stores, etc through these tough times. I'm not quite well off enough to just keep throwing away money on packages that never arrive.
I am in the same exact boat as you. Records are taking weeks to arrive now. Tracking is very very unpredictable. My informed delivery keeps saying packages will arrive "today", but then I get them 3-4 days later.

Mondo is doing their Free Worldwide Shipping event this week: Music

Just wanted to let everyone now that this is awesome and only $20 USD.

Sell The Heart records has a 3LP bundle of a couple of their releases for $20 + shipping. I'm not sure what the bands sound like, but its Goodriddler, Build Us Airplanes, and a compilation of Fugazi covers. Might be someones cup of tea

Back