Online Vinyl Deals

I don’t know exactly what you’re looking for with the reference to the first paper sleeve cut but Sleeve City has their version of the MoFi sleeves that have thicker plastic so they wrinkle much less and, in theory, wouldn’t appear to have as much air.

I'm referring to the front of the paper inner sleeve is cut in an arc and not flush with the back paper.

It's the Mofi sleeve in the second picture that is cut straight across and this helps hold air inside the inner pouch. I'm not sure if it being thicker would solve the issue.

uDiscover's green Tical variant is free lol
Tical not the only free album. Also Appetite For Destruction, Night Noves, No Doubt debut, a Sting album and Pete Yorn
Hit the vinyl page and sort by Price Lowest to Highest for the full $0.00 list.

Ends up being ~$10USD shipping per album you add.

Anybody have any luck with returns for importcds ebay store? Bought 4 records during their most recent 20% and because of the ironically named “frustration free packaging” they all arrived badly crunched. In my experience, their CS has been absolutely awful but Ive yet to have to do a full on return...

Anybody have any luck with returns for importcds ebay store? Bought 4 records during their most recent 20% and because of the ironically named “frustration free packaging” they all arrived badly crunched. In my experience, their CS has been absolutely awful but Ive yet to have to do a full on return...
A couple years ago I did a full return with them after they sent me the complete wrong order. They had me send them all back, and just refunded me rather than send the ones I ordered.

I bought stuff from them previously that needed to be returned, whether their packaging wasn't the greatest or it was because of a record jumping or skipping. Always refunded, never an exchange.

A couple years ago I did a full return with them after they sent me the complete wrong order. They had me send them all back, and just refunded me rather than send the ones I ordered.
I bought stuff from them previously that needed to be returned, whether their packaging wasn't the greatest or it was because of a record jumping or skipping. Always refunded, never an exchange.

Thanks. This is what I figured, which sucks since I do want the items and now they are more $$$ plus the 20% is gone. Plus being in New York, it really sucks that now I have to risk my health if I want to get my money back by dropping these at the post office.

Honestly I think I'm done with places like this opposed to direct record stores. The extra money is worth it knowing you'll actually quickly get taken care of if there is any issues.

Thanks. This is what I figured, which sucks since I do want the items and now they are more $$$ plus the 20% is gone. Plus being in New York, it really sucks that now I have to risk my health if I want to get my money back by dropping these at the post office.

Honestly I think I'm done with places like this opposed to direct record stores. The extra money is worth it knowing you'll actually quickly get taken care of if there is any issues.
I’ve ordered from them and it’s been fine but does seem like a crap shoot. Definitely not a good time to go to the post office...I’ve had to ship some stuff the other day (forgot I had listings on eBay still) and it wasn’t very fun...

I’ve ordered from them and it’s been fine but does seem like a crap shoot. Definitely not a good time to go to the post office...I’ve had to ship some stuff the other day (forgot I had listings on eBay still) and it wasn’t very fun...

Yeah, when things come without problems its great. If theres any issues, youre screwed though. Considering their packaging is poor and USPS is terrible, I just dont think its worth the gamble anymore.

And I hear ya, Ive been to the post office a few times over the past couple weeks to ship discogs orders but have now removed all my listings for now. Just not worth the risk and thats why I feel like Im going to likely be eating the $70+ for this order which really sucks...

Never done it but that's what I'm trying. Just gotta figure out a way to print a return label since I don't have a printer at home (always used the one at work).
Could you generate the shipping label, then email the PDF to a friend who has a printer? Then the friend could print it and drop it at your door? I know, convoluted, but worth $70+...

Could you generate the shipping label, then email the PDF to a friend who has a printer? Then the friend could print it and drop it at your door? I know, convoluted, but worth $70+...

I'll figure something out. This is what is a pain though dealing with these large companies (especially ImportCDs) as opposed to shops. I got a damaged item from Bullmoose a couple weeks ago, and though their policy is usually to return first, considering the circumstances they said don't worry about it until this has passed and it's safe to go out again. And they special ordered and shipped out another one immediately.

I'll figure out how to get this back to ImportCDs (or just eat the money), but this time has really really further highlighted what companys are worth supporting and put customers first, and to prioritize that over being tempted by deals.

Last edited:
I'll figure something out. This is what is a pain though dealing with these large companies (especially ImportCDs) as opposed to shops. I got a damaged item from Bullmoose a couple weeks ago, and though their policy is usually to return first, considering the circumstances they said don't worry about it until this has passed and it's safe to go out again. And they special ordered and shipped out another one immediately.

I'll figure out how to get this pack to ImportCDs (or just eat the money), but this time has really really further highlighted what companys are worth supporting and put customers first.
You can also schedule a pickup without a label at UPS, their driver will bring the shipping documents.

As for the bigger picture, I totally agree. Although shopping at sites like amazon, deepdiscount and importcds might save me a few bucks on the front end, their shoddy shipping practices and poor customer service have caused me to switch entirely to record shops like plaidroom, bullmoose and amoeba and discogs sellers.

You can also schedule a pickup without a label at UPS, their driver will bring the shipping documents.

As for the bigger picture, I totally agree. Although shopping at sites like amazon, deepdiscount and importcds might save me a few bucks on the front end, their shoddy shipping practices and poor customer service have caused me to switch entirely to record shops like plaidroom, bullmoose and amoeba and discogs sellers.
Everybody should be shopping at Plaidroom. They are one of my absolute favorite stores. Can't say enough about them. I learned about them from reddit a few years ago when there was a Record Store Day want list thread for people who couldn't find stuff in their local shops. The owner messaged me that they were getting more copies of the Thelonious Monk box set I was looking for and he set one aside for me to ship it to me. It has been awesome to see them grow over the years and start their own label Colemine and just overall be awesome to deal with. I buy from them whenever I can.

Everybody should be shopping at Plaidroom. They are one of my absolute favorite stores. Can't say enough about them. I learned about them from reddit a few years ago when there was a Record Store Day want list thread for people who couldn't find stuff in their local shops. The owner messaged me that they were getting more copies of the Thelonious Monk box set I was looking for and he set one aside for me to ship it to me. It has been awesome to see them grow over the years and start their own label Colemine and just overall be awesome to deal with. I buy from them whenever I can.

Yep, Plaid Room and Bullmoose for used have always been my preferred but I've been swayed by ImportCDS 20$ off 65+ too many times, especially for pricier items. Usually it's fine but the headache when there is an issue just isnt worth it.
At this point it's worth giving the extra Money to to Plaid Room and BM, not only to avoid the headaches but to support the type of business they run. Their CS makes it feel like a local record shop even if I'm geographically not even close.

Back