Online Vinyl Deals

Do they do that for the touring shows too?
Yup, and there's even a Hamilton app to make things easier. Basically you sign up after 11am two days before you want to attend (ie I just signed up for a shot at Friday night tickets on SF)

While odds aren't great I have three friends who have gotten tickets that way.

Love the Hamilton box set!
I'm mad because Hamilton is going to be in Baltimore on my birthday but tickets are ridiculous. There was actually an article in the paper questioning why all the shows weren't sold out when there are many great seats available for $300 a piece....
Fiance and I saw it on Broadway back in November. It was absolutely amazing. I still can't believe we actually got to do that.

Does anyone own that Grateful Dead- Cornell boxset? The show is obviously legendary, but more concerned about how it sounds? Only $90 on Amazon.
It sounds pretty good (isn’t the best Dead I have on vinyl, but not bad), but $90 isn’t a deal for it. I got it for $64 from Amazon in January.

I will say this. If Dylan hasn't clicked with you, then I'd say save the money. If you're interested in Dylan though, this is a fantastic starter kit for you. The pressings sound amazing. The packaging is great. The price is really good for what you get.

It has taken me awhile to fight the urge to buy things just because they are a good deal (and I still struggle with it sometimes). But if you're not going to spin Dylan often, then save the money and use that $140 to buy some things you truly love to listen to.
Yea, it looks good to me at the price, but I own anything I'd want on mono for Dylan on the MFSL releases. Otherwise, I own it stereo. Dylan is an either/or artist for me mono/stereo depending on what, IMO, I'll listen to more/prefer. Very few artists I'll buy both mono & stereo. For example, Beach Boys, Hendrix, Pink Floyd - those are all mono/stereo buys for me. But still, I type all that, and the urge is real....WTF

Yea, it looks good to me at the price, but I own anything I'd want on mono for Dylan on the MFSL releases. Otherwise, I own it stereo. Dylan is an either/or artist for me mono/stereo depending on what, IMO, I'll listen to more/prefer. Very few artists I'll buy both mono & stereo. For example, Beach Boys, Hendrix, Pink Floyd - those are all mono/stereo buys for me. But still, I type all that, and the urge is real....WTF
I really like the mono versions of all of these Dylan albums. I ordered it because I only have MoFi "The Times They Are A-Changin" and an older pressing of "Another Side of Bob Dylan" on vinyl. I'm not big on buying mono + stereo pressings of the same album but that's mostly a money + physical space thing. If I had more of the albums in the box, I would have held off on buying this.

I immediately tried to cancel mine. And by that, I mean that I linked there from here, placed an order, linked back, saw the red flags, and then hit cancel. Of course, they were already "preparing" the order. There's a cancellation option next to each item, so I clicked them all. On the first one, I stated that I wanted the whole thing canceled. Then, after noticing that most of the 1 star reviews were coming from one person, I went through the order in my account again, but next to another item within it, and I asked them to verify that, if this goes through, I would actually be receiving my vinyl records and not some bullshit zipper, because the descriptions were so off base.

Last night, I got an email that didn't even specify what it was in regards to. It just had an order number, but nothing about Walmart or even JustFor you. It came through a relay system via Walmart, but you have to read the senders email address to figure that out. All it stated was that it was from Wu Li. Here's what it said

Dear customer,

Thank you for your order.

We are sorry about what happened,our system was in trouble these days.

I already send a request to our warehouse about cancel this order.They will response within 48 hours.

If you receive no response about your order, please reply to me.

Have a good day.

Sincerely,
Jake

On a somewhat related note, I just dealt with Wallmart regarding that super fucked up packaging from Movie Mars and my DJ Shadow box sets getting fuuuuucked.

For reference, I'm talking about THIS and THIS.

I sent all of those images to Movie Mars and was hoping that someone would agree that it was unacceptable. I told them that they could go ahead and send me the packaging that they should have used in the first place, along with a return label, and I'd try to get it picked up, but that I wasn't going to go pay for new packaging and deal with that inconvenience. Especially, with some heavy ass box after I just started being able to engage in physical activity again, after my hospitalizations and shit. Keep in mind, I sent them detailed images showing how they literally "cut corners" on this thing with a box knife. They sliced pieces off of it.

Here's what Movie Mars told me

"We do our best to adequately package and secure our items so that they arrive safely. It appears that this package may have been damaged through the shipping process.
Unfortunately, we cannot control how the carrier handles the packages once they are out of our hands.
"

Ok.

I tried to explain to them that doing the right thing would cost them a lot less than trying to fuck with people.

I got a hold of Walmart. They refunded my money instantly and told me to keep the items. I didn't have to send anything back. I also filed an official complaint so that they're "looking into their partnership" with these clowns. They'd have good deals if they didn't set them up to be destroyed on the way to you.

Sometimes I wonder, when companies do things like this, if they don't ever send you something already damaged, knowing that they can blame it on the "shipping process" once it arrives. It sounds like at least one other person had their copy show up in perfect condition from them, even though the box was also in rough shape. That just means that this was entirely avoidable. BUT, the good news is that, even if everything falls apart horribly with the JustForYou orders, Walmart will actually help you out, if it comes to it.

Did these guys send you tracking #'s? I've got an order in with them. I got a notice, with a #, but it never progressed past the "label printed" status. Never tracked or even logged as having been actually shipped. It's been a week. They said it's shipped. Wondering if I should continue to hassle them.

Did these guys send you tracking #'s? I've got an order in with them. I got a notice, with a #, but it never progressed past the "label printed" status. Never tracked or even logged as having been actually shipped. It's been a week. They said it's shipped. Wondering if I should continue to hassle them.
A few folks on Reddit already have received their zippers. Others have claimed their packages (per the carrier) weigh well below what a single LP or multiple LPs should weigh. Some are receiving their packages via First Class mail, another bad sign.

Back