Online Vinyl Deals

This JustforYou seller on Wal-Mart.com scenario is getting really bizarre. They were adding even more titles, which has since stopped, but now the sale and list prices are extreme for the remaining 20 titles.

For instance, 311 self titled LP, list price $72.49 marked down to $41.

Beastie Boys - check your head, $39.29 marked down from $69.

I’ve got the Jamila Woods in my cart and I’m considering the Kelly Finnegan. With 25% off it makes it very tempting.
I have to give Jamila another listen...I liked her last album better but haven't given the new one a dedicated, uninterrupted listen yet. I really like her overall though and have seen her live a few times and she is great.

This JustforYou seller on Wal-Mart.com scenario is getting really bizarre. They were adding even more titles, which has since stopped, but now the sale and list prices are extreme for the remaining 20 titles.

For instance, 311 self titled LP, list price $72.49 marked down to $41.

Beastie Boys - check your head, $39.29 marked down from $69.

I immediately tried to cancel mine. And by that, I mean that I linked there from here, placed an order, linked back, saw the red flags, and then hit cancel. Of course, they were already "preparing" the order. There's a cancellation option next to each item, so I clicked them all. On the first one, I stated that I wanted the whole thing canceled. Then, after noticing that most of the 1 star reviews were coming from one person, I went through the order in my account again, but next to another item within it, and I asked them to verify that, if this goes through, I would actually be receiving my vinyl records and not some bullshit zipper, because the descriptions were so off base.

Last night, I got an email that didn't even specify what it was in regards to. It just had an order number, but nothing about Walmart or even JustFor you. It came through a relay system via Walmart, but you have to read the senders email address to figure that out. All it stated was that it was from Wu Li. Here's what it said

Dear customer,

Thank you for your order.

We are sorry about what happened,our system was in trouble these days.

I already send a request to our warehouse about cancel this order.They will response within 48 hours.

If you receive no response about your order, please reply to me.

Have a good day.

Sincerely,
Jake

On a somewhat related note, I just dealt with Wallmart regarding that super fucked up packaging from Movie Mars and my DJ Shadow box sets getting fuuuuucked.

For reference, I'm talking about THIS and THIS.

I sent all of those images to Movie Mars and was hoping that someone would agree that it was unacceptable. I told them that they could go ahead and send me the packaging that they should have used in the first place, along with a return label, and I'd try to get it picked up, but that I wasn't going to go pay for new packaging and deal with that inconvenience. Especially, with some heavy ass box after I just started being able to engage in physical activity again, after my hospitalizations and shit. Keep in mind, I sent them detailed images showing how they literally "cut corners" on this thing with a box knife. They sliced pieces off of it.

Here's what Movie Mars told me

"We do our best to adequately package and secure our items so that they arrive safely. It appears that this package may have been damaged through the shipping process.
Unfortunately, we cannot control how the carrier handles the packages once they are out of our hands.
"

Ok.

I tried to explain to them that doing the right thing would cost them a lot less than trying to fuck with people.

I got a hold of Walmart. They refunded my money instantly and told me to keep the items. I didn't have to send anything back. I also filed an official complaint so that they're "looking into their partnership" with these clowns. They'd have good deals if they didn't set them up to be destroyed on the way to you.

Sometimes I wonder, when companies do things like this, if they don't ever send you something already damaged, knowing that they can blame it on the "shipping process" once it arrives. It sounds like at least one other person had their copy show up in perfect condition from them, even though the box was also in rough shape. That just means that this was entirely avoidable. BUT, the good news is that, even if everything falls apart horribly with the JustForYou orders, Walmart will actually help you out, if it comes to it.

I'm seeing a beat up box from shipping but the LP Boxset inside the beat up box looks pretty much mint other than the small tear @ the shrink wrap in the corner? Am I missing something?

Yeah. There are actually 2 boxsets. There's one that I'm holding and then there's one in the box still. The corners and sides are banged up and dented on both of them, but in somewhat different spots. The one in the box still was on the bottom, so it got hit more on the bottom end, since it could literally slide outside of the gaping holes in the sides. The one that I'm holding in the image has some of the shrink peeling off in that spot shown, but also corners that are dented in and it's knock on the side. It's a gold box and looks shiny, but if you picked it up it person, it's disappointing.

I get dinged up shit constantly and don't worry about it too much. But, for me, It's one thing when it's an issue with it being damaged in transit, because, that happens. It's another thing when they intentionalaly ship you something like garbage and it's damaged as a result of their choices to ship something to you like garbage. If I sent you a record and the sleeve was bent, the vinyl would probably still play. But, if I sent it to you in a plastic back and it was creased up, I'm still a dick for doing it and it never needed to happen.

Gotcha... and completely agree about taking the time to ship in a quality box with solid packing materials that respects the merch instead of trying to throw the shade on the carrier. Upside is a couple free boxsets that ideally still look, play & sound fine (y)

Gotcha... and completely agree about taking the time to ship in a quality box with solid packing materials that respects the merch instead of trying to throw the shade on the carrier. Upside is a couple free boxsets that ideally still look, play & sound fine (y)

Yeah. And I didn't even ask for a refund when I contacted them, but I definitely wanted to speak to them about it. Knowing it was intentional is the worst part. I thought maybe they'd offer me a small partial refund, or at the very least, explain how it was unacceptable that someone there shipped it like that because that is not the quality control that they expect. And then, basically, just offer to replace it. If they sent me a replacement, I'd just throw these back into that box. Pretty simple. Instead, they just doubled down on it and said that they did their best. If that's the case, I, obviously, can't really order from them anymore. I also wouldn't even want a replacement, expecting it to arrive in the same condition.

I just opened the box and one corner was hit bad enough to dent the corner of the hardcover book inside and the first LP has a very minor dent on the top of the sleeve. In the center of it. But, like you said, now it's free so I'm perfectly happy with that result. That shipping "box" though... man. I just broke it down to throw it away and noticed that the bottom was actually ripped and then taped back together. When I peeled the tape off 2 full panels just fell off like it wasn't even one solid piece. They should have just been cool about it. Now they're out the money and the records and they have a strike against them. As for the vinyl... sounds pretty good. I'll give it that.

Back