Online Vinyl Deals

Popmarket is just one of the many stores under Alliance Entertainment (Any vinyl receipt you see that says "DirectToU LLC" are subsidiaries of Alliance.. Do a search in your inbox of just that and I bet you have many results). I believe they are now responsible for over half of the overall vinyl sales worldwide every year. So yeah, they're basically like the Amazon and Walmart's of the world to Independent record stores/sellers but with a bunch of different names and store fronts to the average consumer. They could care less about small loss here and there when doing insane volume like they do and continue to sadly hurt the much smaller competition.

EDIT: They were up to 49% in 2019 so not sure what they're at now but I have a feeling it's only gotten better for them since then.
View attachment 95331

I mean, if the alternative is paying $50 for 1LP of an up and coming rapper or $12 shipping for a $25 album then I guess I’m just fine supporting popmarket and their $8 shipped album sales.

Last edited:
Not an online deal but my local Target had the Go-Go's Greatest Hits on clearance for $6.49 (normally $21). I'm not a huge Go-Go's fan but I took a shot for under $7. It's the colored Target exclusive.
It’s a great compilation- love all the hits but also have a soft spot for This Town. If you haven’t seen the documentary on the Go Go’s it’s worth searching out.

I have this set and it is EXCELLENT. You'll both be happy. It gets regular spins just because it sounds so damn good.
Agreed, I still have OGs of all of these, but the box set is well worth it based on the quality of the pressing. I think I paid $90ish for it when it got marked down on Amazon a while back, still worth it at the current price ;)

Back