Online Vinyl Deals

My first impression of the two is that the MoFi sounds better. But they both sound great and not sure that the sound difference is worth the minor annoyance of 33 vs 45 (I'm lazy...what can I say...)
Yeah I've decided that as much as I prefer 33 over 45. The soundstage that 45s tend to produce is so stunning that I'm willing to flip in those cases.

Last edited:
The RSD BF 2019 yellow press of Magnificent Charlie Parker is only $12.32 (shipping is freesite-wide, too) on Udiscover if you use the code “COMEBACK” for an extra 20% off of the sitewide 30%.

I think that code is stackable on everything except preorders.

Can anyone comment on this press? Sounds a lot cleaner on spotify than the recent 2020 rsd Charlie Parker “Jazz at Midnite” release.

EDIT: link: The Magnificent Charlie Parker LP

Did you get a shipping notice and then they cancelled it? I got a shipping notice on Friday I think it was

I got a shipping notice as well. It looks like its moving too.

Edit: In case it’s relevant, I should add that I ordered directly from Deep Discount and not via Amazon.com. I’m pretty certain @jamieanderson1968 did as well.

Last edited:
The RSD BF 2019 yellow press of Magnificent Charlie Parker is only $12.32 (shipping is freesite-wide, too) on Udiscover if you use the code “COMEBACK” for an extra 20% off of the sitewide 30%.

I think that code is stackable on everything except preorders.

Can anyone comment on this press? Sounds a lot cleaner on spotify than the recent 2020 rsd Charlie Parker “Jazz at Midnite” release.

EDIT: link: The Magnificent Charlie Parker LP

It looks like comeback is not working anymore.

Edit: In case it’s relevant, I should add that I ordered directly from Deep Discount and not via Amazon.com. I’m pretty certain @jamieanderson1968 did as well.
I ordered from Deep Discount on the day @MikeH received his copy and confirmed the pressing. The order sat idle until yesterday (apparently) and now it is shown as shipped, with a tracking number and arrival due-date. I have not received any notification of this, just checked the order on their website and saw that the status had changed.

My first impression of the two is that the MoFi sounds better. But they both sound great and not sure that the sound difference is worth the minor annoyance of 33 vs 45 (I'm lazy...what can I say...)
Agree on both. This is one of my fav albums so I had to have both just for the hell of it, but if I just needed to get one I'd go with the Rocktober since it costs less and I don't have to get up 3 times to play it lol

I should have ordered from DD. This happened last time too. I bet their inventory is tied to both and they ship to direct orders first then fulfill on amazon. i got mine from DD direct last time and ordered from amazon this time and it got cancelled.

I don't know much about SV, how's their quality? At $12.50 per album this seems like a good deal.

New West has all their 2020 releases on sale $14 for single LP's and & $16 for double LP's. If you are looking for cheap Pylon reissues, this is all you.

Does anyone know how the sound quality compares between the standard black and color vinyl versions?

I don't know much about SV, how's their quality? At $12.50 per album this seems like a good deal.
I would say very good. See, for example, positive reviews of the SV pressing of The Black Saint and the The Sinner Lady here:

Also, hey everybody! I’m brand new to this forum - I’ve been hanging in Audio Hardware since the N&G inception, but finally ventured over here.

What’s the Target deal everyone is referring to - buy 2 get 1 free? Sorry for dragging up old news!

Howdy! Target has been offering a 2 for 1 deal on books and music (including vinyl), which means that - if you buy items of equal value - you will get 33% off their already reasonable rates. You can also cancel one or two of the items after placing the order, and the discount on remaining items will stick. Amazon will often try to match Target when this deal is offered, though they often lag a day or so behind.

Unfortunately, it looks as though the most recent 2 for 1 deal has expired, but it has been live at least three times in the past two months. Keep an eye on this thread and you will surely get word on the next one!

Back