Online Vinyl Deals

I grabbed this one the other day I think for even cheaper than it's at now. Been listening to more Stones lately and figured it was a good time to buy this one! Been curious about the half speed masters even though they are digital sourcing. I have heard good things about a lot of the other half speeds released so far.
Does this one have the actual zipper or just a printed picture?

if you get the one with the zipper and put it with other records put a piece of cardboard or something to stop the zipper from damaging your other records. thats if your records are tight together....

if you get the one with the zipper and put it with other records put a piece of cardboard or something to stop the zipper from damaging your other records. thats if your records are tight together....
This is one of those albums I keep buying used to progressively get a better version. So many zippers. It’s one of my favorite Stones albums but it’s going to eventually require its own shelf with all the damn spacers to protect the other records.

Ah interesting! I like the idea of having the zipper but I'm also fine with paying half as much for a potentially better pressing too.
Think I need to upgrade my copy as well. Not because it's bad, but because it's a '71 original that I paid $15 for 6 years ago in VG+ shape and discogs is telling me that maybe I should keep it that way.

Yes, I wonder how many original chronologically filed copies of "Exile..." have the corresponding zipper mark on their back cover?

Ah interesting! I like the idea of having the zipper but I'm also fine with paying half as much for a potentially better pressing too.
Are original/early presses crazy now? I got one for around $20 just doing a saved eBay search a few years ago for a couple months. As long as you know what to look/ask for, you can find an original that people don't really know or advertise is one.

Seemed like most of the guys over at sh.tv really prefered them to the half speed. IIRC someone even posted some samples from different versions when it came out.

Are original/early presses crazy now? I got one for around $20 just doing a saved eBay search a few years ago for a couple months. Seemed like most of the guys over at sh.tv really prefered them to the half speed. IIRC someone even posted some samples from different versions when it came out.
So are these Half-Speed Abbey road pre-orders just a repress or are these newly remastered? I am curious mainly for Exile I read the original Abbey Road that the original half speed remasters were not worth the money and so I just picked up a cheap reissue a few years back. Does any know how f these are new remasters or just represses?

I can't remember if I have a piece of cardboard or a trash album cover between them. I'll have to check. Nothing compared the first Durutti Column album though!
Also was it Public Image LTD that had like a single where the sleeve was just low grit sandpaper designed to destroy the sleeve of anything that sat next to it on a shelf?

EDIT: LOL, nope! that was the Durutti Column Album you mentioned.

DOUBLE EDIT: I guess, that was the initial idea for Metal Box packaging but never came to fruition...
A0D40A05-A6F9-4F7F-8842-FD21C25EC323.jpeg

Last edited:
Are original/early presses crazy now? I got one for around $20 just doing a saved eBay search a few years ago for a couple months. As long as you know what to look/ask for, you can find an original that people don't really know or advertise is one.

Seemed like most of the guys over at sh.tv really prefered them to the half speed. IIRC someone even posted some samples from different versions when it came out.
Oh I meant twice as much for the 2015 pressing that was linked that has a zipper. Not sure how much an OG costs but I was fine dropping under $20 for the half speed remaster either way. The half-speed isn't out yet so not sure how the hoffman folks are comparing them? Unless I'm missing something on that specific release.

Oh I meant twice as much for the 2015 pressing that was linked that has a zipper. Not sure how much an OG costs but I was fine dropping under $20 for the half speed remaster either way. The half-speed isn't out yet so not sure how the hoffman folks are comparing them? Unless I'm missing something on that specific release.
Sorry, maybe I was thinking of Exile? I think there was a half speed box set, so there should be opinions on it as well, if it is the same.

Back