Online Vinyl Deals

I got this deal the other day and it just arrived. So good. Now I am waiting for the Lou Donaldson and Wayne Shorter TPs that should be here this weekend.
I was interested in this title, but discogs, Amazon, the Steve Hoffman forums are all full of bad reviews of side 2 being pressed off center and pitchy piano.

I was interested in this title, but discogs, Amazon, the Steve Hoffman forums are all full of bad reviews of side 2 being pressed off center and pitchy piano.
I have this and I don’t think I heard it until someone mentioned what they were saying on that forum. It’s not that bad but maybe I just don’t have the ear for those things. Keep in mind, I’m often happy with a cheap bottle of wine because I think it still tastes good.

Its on the list. He and Lonnie Smith are next.
IMO, The better Lonnie Smith Reissues are the 2 Blue Note 80 releases from last year those are 🔥 🔥 🔥 check em out if you have not done so. The Blue Note 80 releases sound wise are really good just not as deluxe packaging.

Last edited:
Let me know how it sounds. Hopefully you got a good one!
It's an awesome record. The slight discussions in pitch in the piano recording (to me, IMHO) strike strongly of those conversations I've been stuck in where people are passionately committed to a description of their experience with a wine vs the drinking of it. It's a great record with amazing sound -- caveat, caveat, etc

You can get two double-LP sets from Francis Bebey on Bandcamp for about $52 shipped USD.
They're about $36 each elsewhere online.

a4159851249_10.jpg

a3997988983_10.jpg

Back