October 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread: Let's Get Lexical, Lexical

Day 31. Hauntological - (adj.) a concept referring to the return or persistence of elements of the past, as in the manner of a ghost.

Wilco - A Ghost Is Born

E92BA8D0-06F0-481D-8FD2-F2A223FC3386.jpeg
A hauntological record dealing with dealing with Migraines, Anxiety, Depression, and Addiction. Also it’s got ghosts right in the title.

Thanks for leading the way on this challenge @LeSamourai it was fun, thought provoking, and I learned a new word or two.

See you guys in the November Challenge Thead @Kris is putting together!

30. Timorous - (adj.) showing or suffering from nervousness, fear, or a lack of confidence

Stevie Wonder - Fulfillingness' First Finale

20211030_203940.jpg

Apparently, for three minutes and twenty-nine seconds at least, Stevie suffered from the timorousness of being "Too Shy To Say."

Last edited:
31. Hauntological - (adj.) a concept referring to the return or persistence of elements of the past, as in the manner of a ghost.

Beverly Glenn-Copeland - Beverly Glenn-Copeland

20211030_183726.jpg

This house is a ghost house where your spirit moves about
[An ache in yours] through my mind because your body cancelled out
And now, naked here, I wait for you
My flesh a naked window here waits for you

Because, my love, you are not here

Thanks for a really cool month @LeSamourai - this was way fun!

31. Hauntological - (adj.) a concept referring to the return or persistence of elements of the past, as in the manner of a ghost.

The Be Good Tanyas sing of a hautological memory of a lost love on their song "Only In The Past".

PA319662.JPG

THANKS all of you for my first run through of the spin challenge,

and HAPPY HALLOWE'EN! 🎃

Spoon "Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga" (2007 Merge; 2017 10th anniversary reissue)
"The Ghost Of You Lingers" has a hauntological theme. Also, as an aside, this pressing is phenomenal (pressed at Pallas, cut by Chris Bellman).

IMG_1934.JPG

Spoon "Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga" (2007 Merge; 2017 10th anniversary reissue)
"The Ghost Of You Lingers" has a hauntological theme. Also, as an aside, this pressing is phenomenal (pressed at Pallas, cut by Chris Bellman).

View attachment 116139
Oh man, what a great album! I think they just put out a new record, no?

Thanks so much for organizing @LeSamourai ! Tough challenge, but lots of fun. Made me dig deep. Loved the originality!

Here's what your challenge looked like for me this month:

Untitled Chart (1).png

I found a Topsters replacement so I could resume doing these fun calendar charts. It's a little clunkier but it works. Seems to actively being worked on so improvements should keep coming.
For those interested: Chartr.

@Kris November Challenge is up…

31. Hauntological - (adj.) a concept referring to the return or persistence of elements of the past, as in the manner of a ghost

The Avalanches - We Will Always Love You

I picked this one for the cover, which seems ghostly... but then I thought about how sample-based music, especially if the samples are old, is definitely a kind of return/haunting. For bonus points, the opening track is titled "Ghost Story."

20201231_152613-jpg.82048

Back