NYClub

haha Craig Finn lives in Greenpoint. Used to see him all the time. I feel like he's always at Lake Street. I also used to see most of the cast of Succession in Greenpoint because they film in LIC and I think most of them live in greenpoint during filming. I've bumped into Shiv and Greg at Cafe Alula and my friends used to play with Kieran Culkin's kids at one of the playgrounds on Franklin.
Bobby Drake, THS drummer owns Lake Street!

Speaking of, I will be in NY for 2 weeks this fall, September 12-26, and I believe only 4 of those dates would be off limits for a hang...... Lake St meetup??

Bobby Drake, THS drummer owns Lake Street!

Speaking of, I will be in NY for 2 weeks this fall, September 12-26, and I believe only 4 of those dates would be off limits for a hang...... Lake St meetup??
Bobby is nice as fuck. My buddy frequents that place and is a huge hold steady fan. If you get there early, Bobby may be behind the bar.

I would be down to get Jell-O shots at Lake Street and then do damage to our wallets

30 min Train from the NYC

IMG_2419-1920x1921.jpg

Maplewood is a very charming little town. I went to highschool near by.
Really...where?
I happen to live in Maplewod - thus the inside scoop on this record fair.

The dealers usually have some real gems.

Picked up a 1st Press of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and the Helmet: Betty 2 x10" release at the last one in Nov.
Saw a Tool: Anemia but it was was "well played" and didn't want to pony up what the guy wanted for it.

Really...where?
I happen to live in Maplewod - thus the inside scoop on this record fair.

The dealers usually have some real gems.

Picked up a 1st Press of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and the Helmet: Betty 2 x10" release at the last one in Nov.
Saw a Tool: Anemia but it was was "well played" and didn't want to pony up what the guy wanted for it.
Millburn! Lived up on Sagamore right off of Wyoming! Small world!

Lemme know when you’re planning on going and we’ll see if we can sync it up! I’ve somehow only gone record shopping once in the two months being here, I’m over due!
well this is probably the haul to go shopping for...looks like they got some killer stuff

Unfortunately will be working, maybe I can slip away for a bit if it’s not too busy of a Friday.

But if ya see a copy of Paul Desmond’s Glad to Be Unhappy, Vince Guaraldi and Bola Setes “Vince & Bola” record, or a Van Gelder stamped Antonio Carlos Jobim’s Stoneflower.

Let me know 👀.

That being said, I’m going to try and come! DM me your number!

Yeah, normally a Brooklyn trip for me happens on the weekend but I want dibs.
Won’t be able to swing by today, I have to be in the Village at 1 for a meeting :/.

Happy hunting my friend! Let me know next time you’re around!

Won’t be able to swing by today, I have to be in the Village at 1 for a meeting :/.

Happy hunting my friend! Let me know next time you’re around!
looks like they are gonna drip this collection out so definitely keep an eye out. The folks at Academy are really good people. they are really close to you too. i used to go there weekly haha.

looks like they are gonna drip this collection out so definitely keep an eye out. The folks at Academy are really good people. they are really close to you too. i used to go there weekly haha.
Only place I’ve been shopping is Academy so far actually, had a blast when I was in there, got an original pressing of Louis Armstrong and Duke Ellingtons collab record which is phenomenal. Thought they had an incredible selection! Excited to go back.

@David A. if you go and those Hendersons are still there......can you let me know what they want for em?

@Ghost yea--they are one of my favorite shops. really fair pricing most of the time. always getting great used stuff in. and i've sold some stuff there and they seem to pay super fair prices. not sure if they still do it, but they used to give either cash or 1.5x the amount in store credit for selling stuff. love the new location/shop too.

@David A. if you go and those Hendersons are still there......can you let me know what they want for em?

@Ghost yea--they are one of my favorite shops. really fair pricing most of the time. always getting great used stuff in. and i've sold some stuff there and they seem to pay super fair prices. not sure if they still do it, but they used to give either cash or 1.5x the amount in store credit for selling stuff. love the new location/shop too.
@MikeH ill keep you posted on those Joe Hendersons.

Back