NYClub

Swung by Academy today and checked out what was hanging around. Ended up leaving with two records, this one which I discovered a few months ago and have been streaming a lot on rainy days and Dave Brubeck’s “Re-Union” which I don’t know much of outside of Chorale which is fantastic, excited to see if it’s a hidden gem or just filler.

Overall there’s a lot of great stuff in the bins but they’re still sorting through mountains of stuff lol. Going to be hard to keep up, may have to swing by every few days just to see if a grail pops out.

10D16AA0-0511-4916-8085-5A11EE7F0275.jpeg

Swung by Academy today and checked out what was hanging around. Ended up leaving with two records, this one which I discovered a few months ago and have been streaming a lot on rainy days and Dave Brubeck’s “Re-Union” which I don’t know much of outside of Chorale which is fantastic, excited to see if it’s a hidden gem or just filler.

Overall there’s a lot of great stuff in the bins but they’re still sorting through mountains of stuff lol. Going to be hard to keep up, may have to swing by every few days just to see if a grail pops out.

View attachment 175431
Ah man this is an amazing album. Been wanting this one. Nice grab!

God I love their IG
That Sonny Rollins? It’s mine.

anyhow, I went to the Brooklyn Record Exchange nearby the Academy Banker Street location. I got a VG+ copy of Shorter’s the all seeing eye , VG+ Monk plays Duke Ellington and Archie Schepp’s atticaa blues . No cover, label damage but each copy is a very early second pressing. $25 total.

That Sonny Rollins? It’s mine.

anyhow, I went to the Brooklyn Record Exchange nearby the Academy Banker Street location. I got a VG+ copy of Shorter’s the all seeing eye , VG+ Monk plays Duke Ellington and Archie Schepp’s atticaa blues . No cover, label damage but each copy is a very early second pressing. $25 total.
Yes!! Congrats

don’t sleep on the latest buy from village revival. In the latest batch of purchases, Jamal got a fuck ton of signed copies. He’s got a Bowie signed copy of Ziggy Stardusr sitting behind the counter.

Oh, if only.

don’t sleep on the latest buy from village revival. In the latest batch of purchases, Jamal got a fuck ton of signed copies. He’s got a Bowie signed copy of Ziggy Stardusr sitting behind the counter.

Oh, if only.
i might be in the minority but don't have interest really in paying the premiums for anything signed! i've found some stuff in bins that have been signed and that's always cool to find though.

@Ghost

@Ghost

Yessss!!!!!! Will definitely be going with the wifey.

Day trip, gents?
i'll let yall know if i can make it. used to be in greenpoint at that expo center thats now like a Ninja Warrior gym haha. A few years back one dude had his entire OG Prestige collection for sale (it was like 200-300 LPs) and was only taking offers for the full lot. it was wild. but there are also tons of affordable dealers and all sorts of genres.

Your boy will be sipping Cappucinos and brooding ferociously at some corner cafe in Paris I'm afraid! Is this like a yearly record fair? Good to put it on the radar at least.

Your boy will be sipping Cappucinos and brooding ferociously at some corner cafe in Paris I'm afraid! Is this like a yearly record fair? Good to put it on the radar at least.
used to be yearly. then covid happened and that weird expo center on Franklin st got rented out. i think they were trying to find a new venue.

it's a lot of fun. usually tons of vendors, all kinds of music and price points. sellers usually negotiate or you can probably bring some stuff to trade as well.

Back