NYClub

I do wish you luck! We have family in Brooklyn, and I do enjoy visiting the city.

Edit: I could ask them if they know of anything in their area - I think they're near Park Slope.

Man, that’s a dream neighborhood for me.

Park Slope rules. I lived at 4th and President for a few years.

You could look at Gowanas which is just over the canal from Park Slope or even Cobble Hill - which is closer to Court House area.
Those might not be as desirable but Gowanas is walkable to PS and Cobble Hill is like 1 or 2 Subway Stops from PS.

OF course its been l 10 years since I lived there - so things may have changed price wise.

Ultimately, I love the relatively boring area that is Yorkville. I’ve been there so long and it just feels right. Hoping I never have to leave.
Lived at 89th and 1st for a while.
Still miss the Viand's Hamburger Club Sandwich and drinks at Auction House.

Unfortunately I already signed a contract with a broker. Felt it was the way to go considering I have two large dogs and pretty tight requirements and limited time in NY to apartment hunt. Definitely have to cough up a CHUNK of change once I find home but I'm happy to do it to get back to NYC.

Thanks for sending that article @David A. ! Greenpoint is my ideal landing spot I think, love that area so much. Also will be checking out spots in/around Park Slope. I grew up in Carroll Gardens and frequently would gallivant all over that area from Cobble Hill - Gowanus - Park Slope. That place was nasty before the Whole Foods made its way in lol. I remember when a Dolphin swam in to the canal and died because it was so polluted. Apparently its been cleaned up quite significantly in recent years.

I fucking hate the G.
But those are good prices for a 1 bedroom.

I'm out in the Jersey burbs now - but I miss living in Brooklyn.
The G isn’t half bad anymore. I lived in greenpoint right off the Greenpoint Ave stop for 3 years before I moved out of the city 2 years ago. Absolutely loved it. Easy to get to queens, midtown, Williamsburg and most of Brooklyn. And with more people living there the trains were pretty frequent.

Greenpoint wasn’t as annoyingly busy as Williamsburg on the weekends but you still had easy access to all the restaurants and everything and can walk to Mccarren or McGorlick park

Putting in an application tonight for a building in Greenpoint! We’re the only ones able to apply which is amazing so it’s really ours to lose.

Think the only hurdle to get over is them seeing past our Husky and GSD-Rottie mix (both are ESAs for my wife) but still makes me nervous.

Send me all the good energy y’all can muster so I can put this apartment hunt to bed in one weekend!

One caveat about the space is it’s (obviously) much smaller than my LA abode and I worry if my Lintons are going to be potentially overpowering in the space. Also lots of glass behind where the speakers would go so I imagine the sound profile is going to be wildly different than my current space. It’s a corner unit kind of triangle shaped, going to be an interesting set up and listening experience if we get approved.

Fingers crossed!

Putting in an application tonight for a building in Greenpoint! We’re the only ones able to apply which is amazing so it’s really ours to lose.

Think the only hurdle to get over is them seeing past our Husky and GSD-Rottie mix (both are ESAs for my wife) but still makes me nervous.

Send me all the good energy y’all can muster so I can put this apartment hunt to bed in one weekend!

One caveat about the space is it’s (obviously) much smaller than my LA abode and I worry if my Lintons are going to be potentially overpowering in the space. Also lots of glass behind where the speakers would go so I imagine the sound profile is going to be wildly different than my current space. It’s a corner unit kind of triangle shaped, going to be an interesting set up and listening experience if we get approved.

Fingers crossed!
Good luck! Greenpoint is the best. I miss it there.

Good luck! Greenpoint is the best. I miss it there.
Yup. There is definitely some magic in Greenpoint, no doubt. Best of luck @Ghost!! I used to live on Freeman on the corner of McGuinness for 6 years. Those luxury buildings weren’t there when I moved in, but they were when I moved out. That was so brutal. Haha. Literally coming home and seeing cracks in my drywall that were not there in the morning as they constructed the buildings. A lot has changed, but it’s still Greenpoint.

I’ll for sure be up for work and will have some time to hang in late September - just putting that out there early!

And Mike is right. I was in the hood last month, and the G is better than I remember. More cars, new cars. It’s not a 4-car train anymore. Not sure if it still runs more than once every 10 mins, though!

After seeing all the Greenpoint love in here I think you will all be pleased to hear we got approved for our spot in Greenpoint this morning. We'll be moving in on April 1st. I get back to LA on March 3rd and get thrown right into moving/packing mode. Excited to come home.

Back