NYClub

After seeing all the Greenpoint love in here I think you will all be pleased to hear we got approved for our spot in Greenpoint this morning. We'll be moving in on April 1st. I get back to LA on March 3rd and get thrown right into moving/packing mode. Excited to come home.
Congratulations! All the best with the cross-country move. As long as the Lintons fit in your living room, you're golden! 😜

Congratulations! All the best with the cross-country move. As long as the Lintons fit in your living room, you're golden! 😜
Serious doubts about them fitting hahahah, but thank you, would be excited to try something new though frankly. Buchardt S400 MK IIs seem really attractive for a smaller space. Thank you for the well wishes though!

Serious doubts about them fitting hahahah, but thank you, would be excited to try something new though frankly. Buchardt S400 MK IIs seem really attractive for a smaller space. Thank you for the well wishes though!
I feel your pain. Even the modest living room system I have now would absolutely not have fit in my old space!

The tradeoff is Peter Pan donuts, though. It ain't bad!

@Ghost you see In Sheeps Clothing is opening a shop in NY?? Is that why you moved here? 😂
They gave me the inside scoop a few months ago and let’s just say, it definitely made the decision easier 😂.

Speaking of the move. Officially in Greenpoint, moving truck is arriving Monday. Air mattress hustle to then, I’m tired y’all. Wish me luck over the next few days. Will send photos of the set up once everything is in its place, then we can talk about a NY meet up!

They gave me the inside scoop a few months ago and let’s just say, it definitely made the decision easier 😂.

Speaking of the move. Officially in Greenpoint, moving truck is arriving Monday. Air mattress hustle to then, I’m tired y’all. Wish me luck over the next few days. Will send photos of the set up once everything is in its place, then we can talk about a NY meet up!
get some sleep and get some sustenance at Peter Pan and some coffee at Paloma tomorrow morning.

Also, watch out but I’ve befriended Jamal at Village Revival records if we ever do a Manhattan record shop day. Although truth be told, I need a guide through the BK record shop scene. I’ve only gone to Face and Academy Annex

Also, watch out but I’ve befriended Jamal at Village Revival records if we ever do a Manhattan record shop day. Although truth be told, I need a guide through the BK record shop scene. I’ve only gone to Face and Academy Annex
just do a greenpoint day. hit up Academy, Record Grouch and Dream Fishing Tackle. DFT is a weird little spot. His prices can be all over the place but he gets quite a lot of hard to find older pressings of cool stuff. It's in the back of a weird antiques furniture place on Manhattan Ave near McCarren Park.

just do a greenpoint day. hit up Academy, Record Grouch and Dream Fishing Tackle. DFT is a weird little spot. His prices can be all over the place but he gets quite a lot of hard to find older pressings of cool stuff. It's in the back of a weird antiques furniture place on Manhattan Ave near McCarren Park.
Yeah, tried going there one day after getting drinks at Lake Street (bumped into Craig Finn there) and they were closed for inventory. Can’t wait to give it another go.

Still not sure if this is a hifi TT shop or a record shop or a label or all three.
all three? I think they have really awesome curation and I know @Ghost had mentioned he shopped there in the past in LA. i follow their recommendations on their site and they post lots of cool music.

Yeah, tried going there one day after getting drinks at Lake Street (bumped into Craig Finn there) and they were closed for inventory. Can’t wait to give it another go.
haha Craig Finn lives in Greenpoint. Used to see him all the time. I feel like he's always at Lake Street. I also used to see most of the cast of Succession in Greenpoint because they film in LIC and I think most of them live in greenpoint during filming. I've bumped into Shiv and Greg at Cafe Alula and my friends used to play with Kieran Culkin's kids at one of the playgrounds on Franklin.

Still not sure if this is a hifi TT shop or a record shop or a label or all three.
Its a record shop, a HiFi listening bar, and a label. Surprisingly they don't deal in HiFi gear just yet. I'm a huge fan of the team over there and they've become friends of mine. They have the most interesting curation and deal in a lot of obscure and experimental tunes. Its gotten to the point where I would walk in and be like "I want to feel like (xyz) and it needs a little bit of (insert instrument vibe) and some (insert energy vibe) and they would just be like "Try this" and I've never gotten a bad record from them that way lol.

On another note: Anyone in the NYC area shopping for a pair of Lintons? I think I'm going to sell mine.

Too big for your current space? Or just want something different?
Yeah a bit too dominating of the limited real estate. I think I got them into a place that works for the time being, but still may eye a pivot out in the next year. They're just such a strong boxy silhouette and my living room is basically all windows rn so they just feel like dead space on the eyes.

Back