November 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread: High wind through the trees, falling November leaves, a weak sun hanging low, summer seems so long ago...

Diwali ("Festival of Lights")
Play a record with a song referencing lights or has cover art that features lighting.

@ranbalam scooped my first choice, so I will go with the original.

Diwali ("Festival of Lights")
Play a record with a song referencing lights or has cover art that features lighting

Angelique Kidjo - Remain in Light

View attachment 116501
PXL_20211105_005129910.jpg

Talking Heads - Remain in Light

Day 4

I’ve said this before and i believe more as time goes on, this is the best album of the century. It is the album that catapulted Punch Brothers to my favorite working band (putting Wilco in their dust). From the title, to Magrette’s use of light in the painting on the cover, to the fact that it is a loose concept album about how cell phones have changed society, to the closer “Little Lights”, the whole damn thing is about lights.
62AB550C-861D-45F2-8B2C-452FEB7882DC.jpeg
The Phosphorescent Blues - Punch Brothers

4. Diwali ("Festival of Lights")
Play a record with a song referencing lights or has cover art that features lighting.

Spoon - They Want My Soul

Going for this one due to the cover.

20200717_165344-jpg.57174

Lights - The Listening

20211104_185120.jpg

This album was on my wife's wishlist when we started collecting records together and I found this copy on my last record store outing before lockdown. When this challenge went up this was the first thing I thought of for today, and I'm pretty sure this is actually my first time listening to it.

Play a record by redhead or if you don't have one, play a red record.

Billie Joe Armstrong apparently has reddish-brown hair.

Green Day - Insomniac

PXL_20211105_133614974.jpg

-M- "Je Dis Aime" (1999 Delabel; 2020 Parlophone reissue)
There are strings of light suspended from the ceiling in the room featured on the album cover. The record itself is a great french pop record from 1999. "Ondes Sensuelles" is such a banger. And the French cover of The Cure's "Close To Me" just fits so well with -M-'s style.

IMG_1949.JPG

Back