November 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread: High wind through the trees, falling November leaves, a weak sun hanging low, summer seems so long ago...

Day 26
Black Friday
Play an album you have because it was a "good deal" or FOMO and not because you really wanted it.

I was given this on the #BFRSD17 by the owner of my former local store - the day before it went on sale for Small Business Saturday. To be honest, I hadn't really heard them much at the time, but I'll take free any day, but I wouldn't have it if it wasn't given to me.

Dawes - We’re All Gonna Live
HUB Records – HUB008-1, 2017

2017 Small Business Saturday release. Limited edition of 2,000

Cut by Daniel Krieger at SST
Pressed at Pallas

QdZ8JG.jpg

PnU0Iz.jpg

26. Black Friday

Janet Beat - Pioneering Knob Twiddler

20211127_192602.jpg

This was a FOMO purchase all the way. Initially advertised as only 500 copies - I snapped one up sound unheard. I enjoy it and am glad to be listening to it right now, but it wasn't something I ever wanted until reading an article about her and not wanting to miss the opportunity to check it out.

Day 27
Small Business Saturday
Play the last album you got at a mom and pop store.

We got out of the house a few weeks ago and ended up going through a town that has a small record shop. First time in a record store since the summer.

Tears For Fears – The Seeds Of Love
Mercury/Fontana – 4770716, 1989/2020

Pressed at Optimal

t4CweA.jpg

TGAEfS.jpg

27. Small Business Saturday

Walter Bishop, Jr.'s 4th Cycle - Keeper Of My Soul

20211127_201222.jpg

I don't know that @Ethos99 and Paladin Vinyl would be considered a traditional "mom and pop" store, but certainly is the small business I have most recently picked up from for myself (I actually picked up a record for the wife from our local a few days ago that is filed, still-sealed, on the shelf but she hasn't discovered it yet!)

Hanukkah - Festival of Lights
Hanukkah means "dedication" in Hebrew. Play an album and dedicate it to someone in your life

I'll dedicate this to my friend Jon Slow. Not solely because he's Jewish, but because way, way back when I met him (he was dating my cousin at the time) he introduced me to Radiohead, via The Bends. We were both in bands, so we had a lot to chat about at family get-togethers, and traded music and bands we were into. Needless to say this one stuck
So cheers to Jon and Happy Hanukkah!

RAD.jpeg

Back