NOT the Definitive Audiophile pressing, but the really, really nice pressing thread.

I've got it on CD, LP would be nice to have though....it's one of the few dylan records I want on wax
Yeah, TBH I didn’t get it until a purchased a mono box a few years back. I don’t even think it’s probably a top 5 Bob Dylan record for me.

That being said, this is a Vinyl Record Forum and as such any time someone lobs up an opportunity to drop a Barry from High Fidelity quote it would be irresponsible not to take it.

Finally got around to listening to this 2022 Blonde On Blonde reissue. Not bad sounding for the money. Not amazing or revelatory but a nice pressing if you don't want/can't afford the MoFi pressing. A few people on line think it is based on the 1999 stereo remix, but I have no clue. If you need a copy and see it cheap, definitely pick it up.

I got a Blonde on Blonde. But it was missing the second disc. So it's just Blonde. Time to put that on Reddit to see if a Frank Ocean fan bites.
I think my favorite recent comment on reddit was someone that suggested a vmp "Pharoah" bundle of Pharoah Sanders "karma", Pharoah Monch and "in Der Garten Der pharaohs" by popul vuh. Which would be way more killer than.... another nonexclusive release. "Hey did you want to pay 40 bucks for lizzo? VMP GOTCHU, FAM"

Blonde on Blonde with Frank Ocean's Blonde and some Madonna blond ambition would be acceptable imo.

Listened to a relatively newly purchased Walmart exclusive 'crystal clear' vinyl pressing of Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill and have to say it sounds great, much better than I would have any reason to expect. I wouldn't pay current discogs prices for it, but for anyone looking for this album, if you see a restock, don't hesitate.

I think my favorite recent comment on reddit was someone that suggested a vmp "Pharoah" bundle of Pharoah Sanders "karma", Pharoah Monch and "in Der Garten Der pharaohs" by popul vuh. Which would be way more killer than.... another nonexclusive release. "Hey did you want to pay 40 bucks for lizzo? VMP GOTCHU, FAM"

Blonde on Blonde with Frank Ocean's Blonde and some Madonna blond ambition would be acceptable imo.
Or toss in Blondie s/t and White On Blonde by Texas

I've got it on CD, LP would be nice to have though....it's one of the few dylan records I want on wax
I’m the same way. I don’t like Dylan enough so I only buy his albums when I find them for cheap. I picked up BoB on CD for $3 recently but would definitely buy a used copy if I could ever find one for < $18.

I’m the same way. I don’t like Dylan enough so I only buy his albums when I find them for cheap. I picked up BoB on CD for $3 recently but would definitely buy a used copy if I could ever find one for < $18.
The new BOB 2 Lp is 22 on Amz, thats the one I had on my list.

It might not beat the MofI, but Sony Japan are re-issuing this in June. Could be good.

Just got the $25 2lp copy thats out there right now.
Reviews at cogs are very good. Listening tonight.

20220510_164044.jpg

Does anyone have the original 1998 Smashing Pumpkins "Adore" Mono press? how does it compare to the stereo reissue?

Does anyone have the original 1998 Smashing Pumpkins "Adore" Mono press? how does it compare to the stereo reissue?
I actually do have the og mono press but do not have the reissue. Honestly, it’s not a fantastic sounding album imo. The mono squashes some of the denser songs but others sound quite good. I’ll have to revisit it. It’s been a long while since I’ve played it. I could be wrong but I imagine the reissue probably sounds better. The reissue also spreads the music out to four sides instead of the three if I’m not mistaken.

I wanted to call out a couple recentish releases - 4xLP live sets at very reasonable prices pressed well (flat, quiet, and solid dynamics on the mastering end) that really serve as a kind of enhanced GH for artists whose vinyl can be difficult to piece together

The Sheryl can be gotten for sub 25 on Discogs

The Beyoncé is a bit pricier but you can find it under 50 with some regularity

Does anyone have either of these copies of Roberta Flack's "First Take" or know of any other good (not so expensive) versions? I have an OG that had great mastering but is a bit worn.

Run Out Groove

Rhino standard

Back