NOT the Definitive Audiophile pressing, but the really, really nice pressing thread.

So this pressing of the new Depeche Mode LP is extremely nice. Pressed at RTI and fabulous.

Stay away from the colour versions. They come from GZ and have a very noticeably less detailed sound. Even had my 14 year old confirm the difference in a blind A/B test. Without counting the worst noise floor and random pops. I returned my colored copy.

I've got another recent release for this thread. The full "Angels And Queens" by Gabriels. This is the 2xLP version (33 rpm).

Pressed at Optimal. Records were a bit warped when I got them but that's fixed. This pressing is really good - dynamic, great soundstage and the bass just thumps. Plus the vinyl is as quiet as the Rhino Hi-Fidelity stuff that Optimal did.

Another recent release that sounds really really great. This one just engulfs my listening space when I put it on.

The pressing to get is the 2x45prm version. The run-outs indicate this was cut at Sterling by Joe-Nino Hernes and pressed at Optimal.

Does anyone have either of these copies of Roberta Flack's "First Take" or know of any other good (not so expensive) versions? I have an OG that had great mastering but is a bit worn.

Run Out Groove

Rhino standard
For anyone interested in more Roberta, the new Roberta Flack “Lost Tapes” vinyl contains most of the songs from the bonus cd of the runout groove press.

Now all I need is a clean copy of “Chapter Two”.

For anyone interested in more Roberta, the new Roberta Flack “Lost Tapes” vinyl contains most of the songs from the bonus cd of the runout groove press.

Now all I need is a clean copy of “Chapter Two”.
The lost tapes vinyl is real good!

Back