NOT the Definitive Audiophile pressing, but the really, really nice pressing thread.

Hot rock band backing a great lounge lizzard of a singer in 1985. Some really good tunes here in very good sound.
If you haven’t ever seen the video of Addicted to Love you’ve been missing out.

I just picked up the japanese pressing of this about a month ago and it’s pretty great too. Loved this record as a teenager… it’s all over the place and lots of fun. Everyone knows Addicted To Love but his cover of I didn’t mean to turn you on is the real big draw on here IMO.

If you dig early 80s British pop music then you can’t go wrong with this album which definitely qualifies as audiophile quality.
Nice slice of 80's preppy pop. Still a favourite of mine

If you dig early 80s British pop music then you can’t go wrong with this album which definitely qualifies as audiophile quality.
Dammit @OMC you just made be buy more records.

I didn’t expect this, but I picked up the 10th anniversary edition of Daft Punk’s Random Access Memory and wow, the original 2013 pressing was good but this an obvious improvement sonically. First, it’s a really quiet pressing - the original was kind of poppy with some background noise. But mainly the highs are really crisp, like a veil was lifted. My copy is flat flat too. From Optimal as far as I can tell.

Anyway, I’m a fan so I doubled up. But I won’t keep the 2013. If anybody is ever looking for a copy, the 10th anniversary is the way to go in terms of audio.

I didn’t expect this, but I picked up the 10th anniversary edition of Daft Punk’s Random Access Memory and wow, the original 2013 pressing was good but this an obvious improvement sonically. First, it’s a really quiet pressing - the original was kind of poppy with some background noise. But mainly the highs are really crisp, like a veil was lifted. My copy is flat flat too. From Optimal as far as I can tell.

Anyway, I’m a fan so I doubled up. But I won’t keep the 2013. If anybody is ever looking for a copy, the 10th anniversary is the way to go in terms of audio.

I did not need to know this

I did not need to know this

I concur that the new release sounds really good - although I don't have any other pressing to compare it to. And while it does re-use the old Optimal job code, it doesn't look to be a repressing of any previous release. Looks to be a totally new cut compared to previous pressings that use that number.

Just go find this album now! If you like to shake it, not break it, this album will take you there. Like Steve Martin’s banjo, this recording will put a smile on your face. My copy is a cutout I’ve had since 1974 and it’s a first pressing mastered by Bob Ludwig. Yes, it sounds great. IMG_2619.jpeg

Back