NOT the Definitive Audiophile pressing, but the really, really nice pressing thread.

@JohnnyCashFan
This is a more appropriate thread than the Definitive one.
For a Neil Young Greatest hit, you want this one:
Not much info, but has CB's initials on it. Very likely a repress from this one, pressed in Pallas:

@JohnnyCashFan
Some 70s classics are in stock at deep discount, they appear to be CB cuts, plus code MEGALODON gets you 15% off

Was not even aware of this thread, so Thanks!

How do I bookmark a thread btw? Watch does not always hit me with a notification for some reason

@JohnnyCashFan
This is a more appropriate thread than the Definitive one.
For a Neil Young Greatest hit, you want this one:
Not much info, but has CB's initials on it. Very likely a repress from this one, pressed in Pallas:

I do have the latest press on backorder, but may cancel it I start cherry picking more Neil on wax

Last edited:
Update: I have Harvest, Rust Never Sleeps (Thanks @Sonicpharmacist ), After The Gold Rush and On The Beach, all coming
Have not decided on a 70's press or wait for repress of EKTIN yet.
Lots of good stuff there. That should keep you entertained for a bit. I you need something to tide ya over until …Nowhere is back in print you could always grab this..

It’s basically a killer live set featuring a good chunk of …Nowhere.

Lots of good stuff there. That should keep you entertained for a bit. I you need something to tide ya over until …Nowhere is back in print you could always grab this..

It’s basically a killer live set featuring a good chunk of …Nowhere.
I have Tonight's The Night listed after Nowhere, but will add it to the list!

Last edited:
I'm popping in here in case anyone else is a fan of Queensryche and wants a press of the best rock opera out there, I just got this press:

Thus far, on discogs this is the press that is the best sounding. It's still a bit flat and I did have to crank up the volume because the sound is low, but once you get it to an optimal listening volume, it's a good press, much better than the 2008 red press (I have that one too). The original press and the 2008 press both put this on one disc. The newer represses split it into 2 discs (like the one above), and it was so necessary for press quality. Anyway, no complaints. It looks like the 2012 press might not be a bad one, but comparing on price right now (since you can grab this press for $30), I would go ahead and grab it.

Ok, so people didn't like that I started a different thread to ask questions about standard pressings. I guess they go in this thread? So I'll copy the last question I asked over there.

Anybody have one of these new Genesis Owusu? They're pretty expensive but I'm still looking around.

The black vinyl looks to be pressed at Pallas which sounds promising, but the pictures suggest nasty paper sleeves. That's a worry if I order an expensive record from the UK.

And the colored ones seem pressed at a plant I never heard of according to Discogs. Anyone know this Holiday Records pressing plant?

Ok, so people didn't like that I started a different thread to ask questions about standard pressings. I guess they go in this thread? So I'll copy the last question I asked over there.

Anybody have one of these new Genesis Owusu? They're pretty expensive but I'm still looking around.

The black vinyl looks to be pressed at Pallas which sounds promising, but the pictures suggest nasty paper sleeves. That's a worry if I order an expensive record from the UK.

And the colored ones seem pressed at a plant I never heard of according to Discogs. Anyone know this Holiday Records pressing plant?
Look like it's a plant in NZ:

From their about page:
Meet Viryl Technologies WarmTone™ Record Press: the most innovative record press to reach the market in record pressing history which is specifically designed to promote uptime and sustain future vinyl growth.

The WarmTone™ is the first fully automatic and modernised record press in over 30 years. Engineered by Viryl Technologies (Toronto, Canada) the WarmTone™ is designed with faster cycle times, improved workflow features, less wasted PVC and reduced power consumption. It is equipped with Viryl Technologies’ state-of-the-art A.D.A.P.T. platform that has the capability to pull data from every key part of the pressing process –– meaning Viryl Technologies can remotely monitor Holiday Records’ operations to ensure peak performance and maximum efficiency.

The WarmTone™ record press is everything that its vintage counterpart is not: safe, fast, fully automated, reliable, run by cloud-based software, iOS-controlled, and more environmentally friendly. Basically, the WarmTone™ has finally removed the rust from the vinyl manufacturing process.

It looks like they just opened up in 2019:

Look like it's a plant in NZ:

From their about page:
Meet Viryl Technologies WarmTone™ Record Press: the most innovative record press to reach the market in record pressing history which is specifically designed to promote uptime and sustain future vinyl growth.

The WarmTone™ is the first fully automatic and modernised record press in over 30 years. Engineered by Viryl Technologies (Toronto, Canada) the WarmTone™ is designed with faster cycle times, improved workflow features, less wasted PVC and reduced power consumption. It is equipped with Viryl Technologies’ state-of-the-art A.D.A.P.T. platform that has the capability to pull data from every key part of the pressing process –– meaning Viryl Technologies can remotely monitor Holiday Records’ operations to ensure peak performance and maximum efficiency.

The WarmTone™ record press is everything that its vintage counterpart is not: safe, fast, fully automated, reliable, run by cloud-based software, iOS-controlled, and more environmentally friendly. Basically, the WarmTone™ has finally removed the rust from the vinyl manufacturing process.

It looks like they just opened up in 2019:

Thanks for that! Makes sense considering where the artist is from... Interesting that they use that new Canadian automatic press. I heard about it but I didn't think it was much in use. Guess it is. I haven't heard much about how good it is though.

Thanks for that! Makes sense considering where the artist is from... Interesting that they use that new Canadian automatic press. I heard about it but I didn't think it was much in use. Guess it is. I haven't heard much about how good it is though.
I'm actually really curious about it too now.

Sadly, the only record I have that the studio has pressed is The Beths, and it's a Canadian pressing (location wise), so I don't have anything on Holiday.

I got one to add in as I was going through my collection. This one falls squarely into the "reasonably priced" + "non audiophile brand" + "sounds on point" realm when it's in stock. I think we're in an "out of stock" cycle now but it usually comes back every few months or so and sits in the 15-20 range. Kevin Gray on the lacquer cut, and it just really stands out as a solid pressing to me.

Anyone have the latest release of The 13th Floor Elevators* ‎– The Psychedelic Sounds Of The 13th Floor and is it any good? Obviously, if there is a better option, please share :)

Back