Nom nom nom - Food Thread

Remember those times where you’re like, “I’ll eat this po boy that’s filled with fries, shrimp and gravy on the way to work...in the car. What could go wrong?”

EVERYTHING

worth it.

Bold move, sir. Attempting to eat a french fry gravy po boy in the car. I usually eat them with a bib on, the floor covered in a tarp, a hose nearby to clean me off and 48 rolls of paper towels.

And then you made it better with the addition of shrimps???!!!! And dressed???

Which hot sauce do you use?

Bold move, sir. Attempting to eat a french fry gravy po boy in the car. I usually eat them with a bib on, the floor covered in a tarp, a hose nearby to clean me off and 48 rolls of paper towels.

And then you made it better with the addition of shrimps???!!!! And dressed???

Which hot sauce do you use?
Yea. It was a massacre. I was already at the point if no return so I just finished it.

I had some crystal’s hot sauce at home but, you know how you get so hungry that you’re willing to sacrifice everything?

Yea. It was a massacre. I was already at the point if no return so I just finished it.

I had some crystal’s hot sauce at home but, you know how you get so hungry that you’re willing to sacrifice everything?
I'm so glad you said Crystal's and not Tabasco. Crystal's is my fave too.

I'm so glad you said Crystal's and not Tabasco. Crystal's is my fave too.
Tabasco is a no-no here. And yes, It was dressed as well. I haven’t had one in a long time and I had a craving.

Crystals is my all time favorite. They do sell it everywhere, right?

made this last night and my house still smells like a glorious cart you pass on the streets of NY

I’m on day 13 of Whole30 (no sugar, grains, legumes, soy, dairy, and alcohol) and while there have been some ups and downs, for the most part I’m feeling great and have really enjoyed the meals I’ve been preparing.
Here are some of my favorite dishes:

Kale and sweet potato skillet

View attachment 29233

Avocado “Toast”
View attachment 29234

Broccolis beef stir fry with cauliflower rice

View attachment 29235

Tomato basil turkey meatloaf

View attachment 29236

Sweet potato, bacon, spinach, and egg muffins

View attachment 29237

Slow cooker white chicken chili

View attachment 29238

I made a shrimp a spinach stir fry last night that i bet would go well with this diet. I was amazed about how giving the shrimp a salt bath (salt for a minute than rinse repeat and rinse) before cooking made them taste so Chinese style.

Tabasco is a no-no here. And yes, It was dressed as well. I haven’t had one in a long time and I had a craving.

Crystals is my all time favorite. They do sell it everywhere, right?
I think so. I have that and Louisiana's Best at home. No Tabasco. Ever. Yuck.

I made a shrimp a spinach stir fry last night that i bet would go well with this diet. I was amazed about how giving the shrimp a salt bath (salt for a minute than rinse repeat and rinse) before cooking made them taste so Chinese style.
Yeah, coconut aminos have been a life saver for me - they mimic soy sauce without the sugar (and soy!)

My uncle keeps telling me I have to go to Ireland but, I haven't had the chance yet.
I went to this cheese shop in London once and I was blown away by the variety (they were very generous with samples).

You really should! It’s a great country! The advice I’d give is:

1. Don’t get hung up on Dublin, it fun for a weekend but it’s a city and it’s expensive. The countryside is stunning and there is loads to see!

2. Of you venture outside of Dublin try to stay and spend in the places you stay. Rural communities are really dependent on tourist spend and too often tourists clog up the towns for locals without giving anything back. They are bussed in and out of attractions from cities with no spend in the local economy.

3. Go west. From west Cork to Donegal the whole Atlantic seaboard is stunning. County Galway is my favourite place in the world, I am very biased, but you can’t go wrong with any of it.

4. Drink lots of Guinness 😀

Remember those times where you’re like, “I’ll eat this po boy that’s filled with fries, shrimp and gravy on the way to work...in the car. What could go wrong?”

EVERYTHING

worth it.
Talk about synchronicity, I too had a Po Boy today. Shrimp po boy with crawfish bisque on the side. Delish!!!

Thanks Pappadeux’s

Talk about synchronicity, I too had a Po Boy today. Shrimp po boy with crawfish bisque on the side. Delish!!!

Thanks Pappadeux’s
Hopefully the location in Phoenix is better than in New Orleans. I’ve been three times and it’s been a bad experience. :(

Reactions: Tyr
Hopefully the location in Phoenix is better than in New Orleans. I’ve been three times and it’s been a bad experience. :(
I’ve never been to the one in NOLA but the one in Phoenix is consistently high quality. But it is much harder to get fresh seafood out here so we definitely pay a premium.

Thanks Pappadeux’s
for a split second I thought you had come to Texas without tellin' me, and it was gonna be a problem.

I ate Malai Kofta tonight and didn't take pictures. doesn't matter because it wouldn't photograph well, but a perfect comfort food that I'll always recommend!

for a split second I thought you had come to Texas without tellin' me, and it was gonna be a problem.

I would NEVER! :cool:

I ate Malai Kofta tonight and didn't take pictures. doesn't matter because it wouldn't photograph well, but a perfect comfort food that I'll always recommend!
This sounds delicious right now! Also, I am laughing my butt off imagining the dweebs trying to figure out Indian food. It makes me smile so thanks for that. LOL

Back