Nom nom nom - Food Thread

I’m on day 13 of Whole30 (no sugar, grains, legumes, soy, dairy, and alcohol) and while there have been some ups and downs, for the most part I’m feeling great and have really enjoyed the meals I’ve been preparing.
Here are some of my favorite dishes:

Kale and sweet potato skillet

60409483-B600-458D-A17D-1983C25915A9.jpeg

Avocado “Toast”
D69B11BF-D367-4642-9B78-17C513C0858F.jpeg

Broccolis beef stir fry with cauliflower rice

043DCB7E-111E-477C-9B38-D93BAF17CEBF.jpeg

Tomato basil turkey meatloaf

0B409AD6-4983-4540-A49A-2ADD7CC1BFA5.jpeg

Sweet potato, bacon, spinach, and egg muffins

2391018A-1EB4-4CEC-8B38-BC72DC862CDA.jpeg

Slow cooker white chicken chili

13C867E3-8A24-4218-93EF-296EF20341A0.jpeg

I got myself a pressure cooker recently but both my attempts to make saag aloo have been failures - I've made in in a pan before and it came out fine!

Made some chickpea and carrot burgers which came out ok, maybe a little moist in the middle.

Any tips on making sweet potato fries? I tossed them in a little oil and seasoning and cooked them in the oven (as I'd do for potato wedges) and they were nice enough but maybe a little soft.

I got myself a pressure cooker recently but both my attempts to make saag aloo have been failures - I've made in in a pan before and it came out fine!

Made some chickpea and carrot burgers which came out ok, maybe a little moist in the middle.

Any tips on making sweet potato fries? I tossed them in a little oil and seasoning and cooked them in the oven (as I'd do for potato wedges) and they were nice enough but maybe a little soft.
I haven't tried them yet but actually just got this recipe today:

I like to use this recipe:
Sweet Potato Fries
by MARK BITTMAN

Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings

INGREDIENTS

2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Download The New York Times Cooking App on the App Store.

Is that like a Vichyssoise?

A what’s what? It’s a stand-alone pressure cook/slow-cooker combi thingy. It’s one of there, got fit half piece in the January sales.

I consistently have issues with spinach scorching on the bottom of my pressure cooker and I just don't even do it anymore.

A what’s what? It’s a stand-alone pressure cook/slow-cooker combi thingy. It’s one of there, got fit half piece in the January sales.
Vichyssoise is my favorite soup.
It's a french soup with leeks and potatoes (and creme fraiche - so not so healthy I guess).
I was wondering if it was a version of that.

Edit: lol just saw your reply!

Vichyssoise is my favorite soup.
It's a french soup with leeks and potatoes (and creme fraiche - so not so healthy I guess).
I was wondering if it was a version of that.

Edit: lol just saw your reply!

Yeah no cream or creme fraiche in this to be good and sadly sautéd the leeks in olive oil rather than butter and let’s face it, butter is always better, particularly as we have great dairy here lol!

I consistently have issues with spinach scorching on the bottom of my pressure cooker and I just don't even do it anymore.
I'll watch out for that. I'm not sure how to describe what the issue was, i think it just cooks down better with everything else if I make the saag aloo in a pan.

Yeah no cream or creme fraiche in this to be good and sadly sautéd the leeks in olive oil rather than butter and let’s face it, butter is always better, particularly as we have great dairy here lol!

My uncle keeps telling me I have to go to Ireland but, I haven't had the chance yet.
I went to this cheese shop in London once and I was blown away by the variety (they were very generous with samples).

I'll watch out for that. I'm not sure how to describe what the issue was, i think it just cooks down better with everything else if I make the saag aloo in a pan.
I use a stovetop model not an instapot so that might explain the issue I'm seeing that you aren't. If you're converting from a regular recipe you might be using too much liquid since there's not as much evaporation. That was an issue I ran into when I first got my pressure cooker.

I use a stovetop model not an instapot so that might explain the issue I'm seeing that you aren't. If you're converting from a regular recipe you might be using too much liquid since there's not as much evaporation. That was an issue I ran into when I first got my pressure cooker.
I think it is down to too much liquid.

Back