Nom nom nom - Food Thread

Used this recipe last night.
Tasty and easy

I had trouble with the amount of liquid (to much) in this, did you. Actually I have this problem when ever I make this type of cous cous.

I had trouble with the amount of liquid (to much) in this, did you. Actually I have this problem when ever I make this type of cous cous.

I used "regular" couscous (not the pearled one) and opted for my usual amount of liquid; 1 cup couscous: 1 1/3 cup broth.

I'm a big fan of Serious Eats, I gave this recipe a shot today. Very, very tasty. I had to make some adaptations though. I used a local chili paste (very, very mild so I added a splash of Sriracha) and regular vinegar.

My version
AB39A6E1-703D-464E-BB03-212C0FACDF7D.jpeg

The spread for tonight:

Queso fundido with chorizo
Homemade french onion dip
Oven baked cajun wings, half in a buffalo sauce spike with worcestershire and half with the dry spice mix and carmelized with some brown sugar at the end
Homemade blue cheese dressing
Oreo icebox cake for dessert

Unfortunately, our guests had to bail so I guess we'll be having leftovers

IMG_20200202_185741.jpgIMG_20200202_194404.jpg

The spread for tonight:

Queso fundido with chorizo
Homemade french onion dip
Oven baked cajun wings, half in a buffalo sauce spike with worcestershire and half with the dry spice mix and carmelized with some brown sugar at the end
Homemade blue cheese dressing
Oreo icebox cake for dessert

Unfortunately, our guests had to bail so I guess we'll be having leftovers

View attachment 31349View attachment 31348
Can I swing by for a leftover plate?

Long time, no chat.

So I’ve been on the road A LOT the past 4 weeks and haven’t had a chance to hop on the board much. Apologies to my JQBX crew and the rest of the N&G fam.

However, I have had a chance to eat some really tasty food while traveling. Which, to be honest, is always one of my top priorities when on the road. But I thought I’d highlight two dishes that have stood out for me the past few weeks.

First up, some lovely seared yellowtail, dressed up Sicilian style with olives, tomatoes, fried leeks, basil oil, and squid ink. Delicious in every sense of the word.

9A0D03D2-7AF0-4B69-BD9C-141AB59953BC.jpeg

The second is one of the most comforting dishes I can imagine, French Onion soup. It’s my go-to in cold weather, but really, any soup will do as I’m a certified soup whore. This one was especially tasty as they used local, artisan Apple bread for the piece on top. Added a different depth of flavor to the recipe. It was rich, complex, and felt like home.

4B0560C1-4573-4D20-BB60-3B018B28FF0C.jpeg

Pizza and peroni nastro azzurro

EQNI48BW4AcBvy0.jpg

EQNI48AXUAE6IAU.jpg

EQNI5M5U8AA50wB.jpg

EQNI5NPX0AAAsLW.jpg

My 2020 project is to learn to bake bread. I'm using Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast as a textbook.

First loaf! Did a poor job shaping it, and was a little worried the dough was too wet, but it seems to have turned out. Should be able to cut in open in about 15 minutes and see how it tastes.

RiY0whh.jpg

And some homemade Dutch Baby deliciousness from this morning’s shenanigans.

View attachment 32176

Have you tried the Savory Dutch Baby recipe from NYT Cooking? It's incredible.

Makin' Chick-fil-a style sandwiches tonight. Got the chicken breast flattened and brining, made a batch of Chick-fil-a sauce, got some frozen waffle fries in the chill chest.

Back