Nom nom nom - Food Thread

shared a prime ribeye with the wife. sous vide for a few hours (from frozen), then pan seared, finished with butter, sliced, and served over a bed of zhoug (a pesto-like condiment of parsley, cilantro, jalapeños, garlic, spices, and oil) and greek yogurt. served with duck fat roasted potatoes and a green salad.

uZ5bkRX.jpg
Hey, I made steak too!

Ate out at my favorite restaurant last night with my family. Belated birthday dinner for me.

Ledger is a wood fire brick oven place run by two famous chefs. Everything has so much flavor.

I started the night off with some oysters and cocktails and had some Spicy Lobster Spaghetti. They make their own Spaghetti fresh in house.

Ate out at my favorite restaurant last night with my family. Belated birthday dinner for me.

Ledger is a wood fire brick oven place run by two famous chefs. Everything has so much flavor.

I started the night off with some oysters and cocktails and had some Spicy Lobster Spaghetti. They make their own Spaghetti fresh in house.

That spicy lobster pasta looks incredible

Even just a splash of dark soy sauce does wonders for the color (was forgotten last time).

This is my personal secret ingredient when making gravy. Really makes it amazing. (Also if making shepherd/cottage pie, a bit of soy sauce and sliiiightly more red wine than you'd think)

Last edited:
I love oysters and order them the few times a year I go out to my favorite restaurant.

I just wish they weren't so expensive. $18 for 6 oysters.
I hear you, my friend. I sometimes think I should just live in some little rural French town where I can just wade into the water and pick up and shuck my own lunch.

I’ll say though, oysters pommes frites and a Sazerac is almost close to the most perfect meal I can imagine.

I hear you, my friend. I sometimes think I should just live in some little rural French town where I can just wade into the water and pick up and shuck my own lunch.

I’ll say though, oysters pommes frites and a Sazerac is almost close to the most perfect meal I can imagine.

I know of some places in Boston and Maine that have Oyster Happy Hour, usually on a Wednesday night where oysters are $1 a piece.

Wish there was a place in Salem that did that too.

Back