Nom nom nom - Food Thread

so I was craving some lox the other day, but switched it up from the usual bagel pile.

mixed some fresh dill into Boursin cheese, put that between two thinly sliced pieces of Russian black bread with red onion and capers. threw in a pan like a grilled cheese. put the tomato and salmon on top after, with some local greens, more dill, and chili powder.
photo1 2.jpg

had no idea you knew there was a food thread since I assumed you lived in the cafe :LOL:

solid work here.

question - is the black olives your addition or traditional casserole style? I love black olives and see them occasionally pop up on Mexican-inspired dishes online, but I've never personally had it or seen it out. curious if it's a regional thing.

had no idea you knew there was a food thread since I assumed you lived in the cafe :LOL:

solid work here.

question - is the black olives your addition or traditional casserole style? I love black olives and see them occasionally pop up on Mexican-inspired dishes online, but I've never personally had it or seen it out. curious if it's a regional thing.
My own concoction as I love black olives too!

Cod with olives and grape tomatoes, string beans with ground pork

EqG_7RCXIAEd-ER.jpg

Today was garbage. So naturally, it follows, that garbage sustenance is needed to soothe the soul.

BEHOLD! I bring unto you a glorious achievement from the Gods. An absolutely lovely hot cheeto veggie burrito! Complete with veggies, fries, avocado, rice, crema, and that sweet sweet habanero sauce. Look upon it and rejoice!

0B397FAF-A08C-4E27-967F-E21117C442F1.jpeg

Last edited:
Today was garbage. So naturally, it follows, that garbage sustenance is needed to soothe the soul.

BEHOLD! I bring unto you a glorious achievement from the Gods. An absolutely lovely hot cheeto veggie burrito! Complete with veggies, fries, avocado, rice, crema, and that sweet sweet habanero sauce. Look upon it and rejoice!

View attachment 82805
I’d hit that

• On Fire
Reactions: Tyr
Fuck. Me. UP!

This new spot is ridiculous. Legit crazy flavor bombs. And as someone who loves big bold flavors, this place surprised me. I’ll be back rill rill quick.

Taiwanese fried shiitake Mushrooms with five spice, saffron, and tom kha remoulade.

8D8913D9-EFE8-47F1-BEAC-08A505B9F3E2.jpeg

Salt and pepper King crab with blistered scallions, Thai chilis, garlic, and fresno chilis.

CEC072B1-541D-461A-A028-737287F88783.jpeg

Last edited:
I wanted a project this weekend so I decided to make a Chicago style deep dish pizza. I used America’s Test Kitchen recipe and it came out really well! I had never laminated dough before but it was fairly easy with the sturdy dough. I also made their Mediterranean chopped salad.
137D958C-BEAC-4FAC-9807-446597DB4E7E.jpeg0A5E70DD-2757-433E-B2AF-5197F63C504F.jpegF0A448E8-6FFB-450D-B985-54603637329F.jpeg

Last edited:
Felt lazy last night so I just roasted some veggies (potatoes, bell pepper, shallot, brussels, Thai chilis) with olive oil, rosemary, caraway seeds, a dash of oregano, timut pepper, Celtic sea salt. Then I cracked an egg on that bad bish at the end. Simple and comforting.

384823AB-E13E-43EA-B0D2-2EC8E01E3833.jpeg

Did some pruning of the mini herb garden and had some cilantro, dill, and rosemary to use. Made some dill/goat cheese mixture to put on toast w/ salmon for those morning times. Mixed the cilantro in with some store bought salsa that could use a bit o help.

FBC4AA15-732A-4444-A0D5-30B0E775BA8C.jpeg

And finally, a fatty shrimpy taco I made a couple days ago for lunch.

3AF05453-3729-4881-BA22-DEF5DE88C6F2.jpeg

Back