Nom nom nom - Food Thread

I was going to go out and grab food things tonight. However, I figured since I went to not one but two grocery stores this weekend I should make a thing.

So I made tacos (duh!).

Cajun spice crawfish tacos with roasted corn, bell pepper, zucchini, and Thai chilis. Oh yeah and I added three different sauces just to fuck with my mouth nerves a bit.

9E83EAD6-C757-4571-93DE-697E67151E6B.jpeg

had a simple and wonderful dinner last night: pan seared prime ribeye (Alton Brown method), sliced and served over yogurt with zhoug (a Yemeni sauce that’s a bit like pesto but with cilantro and jalapeño). absolutely delicious, will certainly make again.

Reactions: Tyr
I’ve been looking at those Milk Street add on FB and on the edge of getting a subscription. Seems like I’d get a bit more than my NYT cooking sub. Any thoughts?
My wife loves our Milk Street cookbook.

They're mostly simple recipes, focused on cuisine outside of Europe/US. So in a way it sometimes feels like ATK: World Edition.

The reward to effort ratio on most of the recipes is pretty high.

My wife loves our Milk Street cookbook.

They're mostly simple recipes, focused on cuisine outside of Europe/US. So in a way it sometimes feels like ATK: World Edition.

The reward to effort ratio on most of the recipes is pretty high.

I subscribed. Picked out 4 recipes for this week. Made the miso salmon last night. I think chorizo black bean chili tonight since my wife had her braces tightened yesterday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyr
Roasted potatoes, roasted chicken, green beans, and bell peppers

EowkRWbXUAgCFL7.jpg

Made some shiro miso for breakfast. Why I don’t make more easy, quick soups first thing in the morning I shall never know.

Mmmmmmm

It makes me miss traditional japanese breakfasts: rice, grilled fish, tamago, miso, and some pickled veg.

But that's just WAY too much work first thing in the morning. lol
I'm lazy. I just simmer some hondashi, temper in a mix of red and white miso off-heat, sprinkle some dried chives, drink it from a mug.

Pro Tip: Leftover cheese grits, packed into patties, dredged in egg and bread crumbs, and fried in butter, cook into lovely little grit cakes, atop which you can deposit a perfectly fried egg.

Back