Nom nom nom - Food Thread

Feels like ages since I posted here, but seeing the hot sauce flex section, I've got to jump in. I can admit I certainly DO have a problem, but I'm not willing to change! Currently have 32 bottles of hot sauce in my house, and 6 more in the fridge at work. On top of that we have salsas and gochujang in regular supply. The majority of one of the doors in my fridge is dominated by hot sauce. I've been an off and on subscriber to the Hot Ones box, and have had a ton of great varieties of sauces over the years. Unfortunately, a lot of these are the "super hot" varieties, so only small amounts are needed.

HotSauceDoor.jpg

Feels like ages since I posted here, but seeing the hot sauce flex section, I've got to jump in. I can admit I certainly DO have a problem, but I'm not willing to change! Currently have 32 bottles of hot sauce in my house, and 6 more in the fridge at work. On top of that we have salsas and gochujang in regular supply. The majority of one of the doors in my fridge is dominated by hot sauce. I've been an off and on subscriber to the Hot Ones box, and have had a ton of great varieties of sauces over the years. Unfortunately, a lot of these are the "super hot" varieties, so only small amounts are needed.

View attachment 84481
thats the hottest pic ive seen on this forum

View attachment 84481
This is the WAY!

Ok, relegate me down to a distant 16th behind B, Filip, and all the other heavy hitters. DAMN, I'm getting hungry just staring at this fridge.

This is the WAY!

Ok, relegate me down to a distant 16th behind B, Filip, and all the other heavy hitters. DAMN, I'm getting hungry just staring at this fridge.
I love my hot sauce!

Speaking of other spicy things, I live in a small city, so we don't have a lot of specialty markets around here, and I usually buy higher quality instant noodles online, often at a premium. A Mexican grocery and bakery opened up recently, so we went there this weekend to check it out. To my surprise, they had Samyang Hot Chicken noodles for $5 for a 5-pack! They had both the regular and the 2x version - the one everyone online was doing the "spicy noodle challenges" with. I've gotten them before but they often run 2-3x what I paid here, so I'm super stoked for that! They are indeed spicy, but more importantly, they taste great and are just about the best sinus opener's I've found.

Attempted to make Ube filled Mochi Tuesday night. The mochi balls need some work technique wise, but I nailed the filling. Here's a pic of the filling, plenty left after the first attempt, so I'll post a pic of the final product once it's worthy. No fancy filters or added color, this is purely the magic of the yams.UbeFilling.jpg

Back