Nom nom nom - Food Thread

Not making dinner tonight, but treating myself to some of the best food I can within a mile radius of me on my day off. Pizzeria Beddia sweet corn pizza with a sweet corn cream base, mozzarella, heirloom cherry tomatoes, basil vinaigrette, olive oil, and finished with royer mountain cheese. Added on the bacon option and having some pickled long hot peppers on the side. It's probably the best pizza I've ever had.

Washing it down with a Tired Hands beer-wine hybrid, Frequency Illusion; Sauvignon Blanc. Saison base blended with sauvignon blanc juice and hopped with nelson sauvin and hellertau blanc.

View attachment 63464
Speaking of pizza, I made one last night.

Not making dinner tonight, but treating myself to some of the best food I can within a mile radius of me on my day off. Pizzeria Beddia sweet corn pizza with a sweet corn cream base, mozzarella, heirloom cherry tomatoes, basil vinaigrette, olive oil, and finished with royer mountain cheese. Added on the bacon option and having some pickled long hot peppers on the side. It's probably the best pizza I've ever had.

Washing it down with a Tired Hands beer-wine hybrid, Frequency Illusion; Sauvignon Blanc. Saison base blended with sauvignon blanc juice and hopped with nelson sauvin and hellertau blanc.

View attachment 63464
Ok so the pizza topping/base combination is super interesting and tasty sounding.
HOWEVER, I really want to hear more about this beer/wine thing. Saison base? Um, yes please! Sauv blanc pairing? YES please. This sounds utterly delicious.

Ok so the pizza topping/base combination is super interesting and tasty sounding.
HOWEVER, I really want to hear more about this beer/wine thing. Saison base? Um, yes please! Sauv blanc pairing? YES please. This sounds utterly delicious.
Frequency Illusion is a series they do where they basically make a lightly hopped pale saison and then add some grape juice and referment. Sometimes involving the oak foudre and sometimes not. Goes great with food.

Pad Ka-Prao. One of my favorite new entries into the weeknight dinner rotation. A stir fry started with a paste of local chiles from the farmers market, garlic, and shallots. Some lean ground beef I had in the back of the fridge. And a sauce of soy, fish sauce, oyster sauce, and a little bit of sugar. Finished with a bunch of wilted basil. Served with rice, a puffy fried egg, and a quick hot sauce of fish sauce, lime, the same chiles, and shallots.

Besides the rice, it takes about 15 minutes to come together. Flavor to work ratio off the charts.

IMG_20200930_180958_1.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving!

Orange & mango Cornish game hens, jollof rice, apple/celery & sourdough bread stuffing, brussel sprouts, cornbread, squash and veggies

EnyMnKnXYAIpmac.jpg

EnyMnKnWMAQj3Sq.jpg

EnyMnKmXcAce8cI.jpg

EnyMnKpW8AAgCDX.jpg

EnyNCH0W8AAJ-AC.jpg

EnyNCIRW8As1ize.jpg

EnyNCIxXcAAgyzo.jpg

EnyNCKUXcAM91lk.jpg

EnyRm1RXUAAOZ-t.jpg

EnyRm19W8AErWXf.jpg

Back