Nom nom nom - Food Thread

Tonight we made smashed burgers on the grill! I really wish I’d thought to take a photo, but alas.

first we grilled corn in the husk. then, while that cooled, we threw a cast iron griddle over the coals and let it heat for about ten minutes. Once the iron was hot, we placed two ¼ lb portions of ground chuck/brisket, generously seasoned with salt and pepper, on the grill, waited about ten seconds, and then smashed them to about ½ inch thick. Cooked for about a minute, then scraped up carefully before flipping for 15 seconds. Repeated with two more patties.

served on buttered, toasted Martin’s Big Marty potato buns, with fresh guacamole, crispy bacon, pickled jalapeños, crumbled cotija and a fresh hatch Chile aioli.

it. was. perfect.

cleanup? less fun.

Wandering around the meat aisle with no idea what to grill today (didn’t want to do burgers) and I randomly found 2.25 lbs of tri tip steak. Never seen it before at this grocery store. Going to dig for it every time now and grab one every time I see it.
64227FF5-4C00-4C59-907B-3DE4A35C69CC.jpeg

Look away, Cronus!

I just ate an ungodly amount of crawfish and crab legs this evening. Was feeling particularly feisty this evening so I ordered way too much food from the local seafood boil spot. It was heavenly.

Thanks for not judging me too harshly delivery driver guy. You’re the real hero tonight.

I usually treat myself to something for lunch on Friday's when I'm at the grocery store. I always do my shopping on Friday mornings at 8am. I find it's less busy than most other times of the week.

Lately I've been getting Sushi. The people who come in and make it are there at the same time so I know it's fresh. I think grocery store Sushi is given a bad rap for some reason, but it's really good almost always. I guess it depends on if it's made in the store or just shipped in.

Back