Nom nom nom - Food Thread

Well this was a slight fail. I wanted to make some cous cous with roasted beets, pine nuts, arugula, goat cheese, and harissa. Buuuut neglected to think it all the way through and it turned my cous cous Pink! Lol

View attachment 52683
Tasted great, however.

good luck avoiding that with beets. Looks great, though!

After 14 straight weeks of staying home with my kids every day, I finally bit the bullet and dropped them with my parents this morning. I’ve taken the week off of work and, other than doing some volunteer work for tomorrow’s congressional primary, I’m planning on just chilling out for the rest of the week.

But I have planned out a dinner menu for the whole week, including cocktails and appetizers. Today was watermelon margaritas and tequila lime shrimp...
5C4D165C-0335-4191-8BDF-4E69FE7704E6.jpeg
...followed by grilled whole snapper with cous cous and squash noodles.
5B8DA85E-195D-4228-9AC1-5B8748FED8DE.jpeg
I wasn’t able to get a great shot of the fish before we started digging in but you get the idea. I’ve also paired wine with each meal, tonight was a French Sauvignon Blanc that worked really well.

Last edited:
After 14 straight weeks of staying home with my kids every day, I finally bit the bullet and dropped them with my parents this morning. I’ve taken the week off of work and, other than doing some volunteer work for tomorrow’s congressional primary, I’m planning on just chilling out for the rest of the week.

But I have planned out a dinner menu for the whole week, including cocktails and appetizers. Today was watermelon margaritas and tequila lime shrimp...
View attachment 53257
View attachment 53258
I wasn’t able to get a great shot of the fish before we started digging in but you get the idea. I’ve also paired wine with each meal, tonight was a French Sauvignon Blanc that worked really well.
This looks absolutely delectable. I like the way you throw a dinner party

View attachment 53257
View attachment 53258
how lovely! looking forward to seeing what else is on the menu this week.

tonight I wanted to do something with the candy cane beets from the CSA box, and went for an amped up favorite.
836C852F-8331-48B4-BC29-0B0A55E04EDA-79CC351C-C57A-4C76-BDE6-7CD7B3B31A87.JPG

roasted those with cherries and lemon juice, then mixed in salted basil after taking them out of the oven. whipped honey, lemon zest, olive oil, and pepper into goat cheese to smash on a thick sourdough toast; topped that off with the beet mix, white balsamic, and some mint.
12ABCC4D-68FC-4838-89E6-9089C108AFC9-933CD6DC-C10A-4FC9-A498-0FF79EE31BD0.JPG

tonight I wanted to do something with the candy cane beets from the CSA box, and went for an amped up favorite.
View attachment 53275

roasted those with cherries and lemon juice, then mixed in salted basil after taking them out of the oven. whipped honey, lemon zest, olive oil, and pepper into goat cheese to smash on a thick sourdough toast; topped that off with the beet mix, white balsamic, and some mint.
View attachment 53277
Holy shit, dude. Complex flavor bomb

View attachment 53275

View attachment 53277
That looks beyond good - will have to try that

Tonight was a “Shot in the Dark” (a light rum-based take on the classic Dark N’ Stormy with some Gosling’s floated on top) and grilled octopus with chorizo & potatoes...
CDCBDE11-2943-4AEE-A2C1-F50C198B2DB6.jpeg
...followed by lamb burgers topped with feta, red onion and basil & pesto aioli alongside a kale salad.
37E6A83E-4334-4041-954D-8D30D17D90CC.jpeg

1593365490001.png

I found these hot dogs at the grocery story today. Just grilled a couple up for lunch.

And wow, they are good. Hotter than I expected and love it. I would say they are hotter than the standard hot sausage you would buy at the store. I'm still feeling the burn in my mouth 10 minutes after eating.

Back