Nom nom nom - Food Thread

A few weeks ago we got 4 dozen pierogis from a local restaurant that rents out a dive bar kitchen but makes killer polish food in the before pandemic times. Just finished the last dozen which was buffalo chicken. Really good but I'd rank them below cheesesteak and loaded potato but definitely above chorizo potato. Next time we'll surely get the mushroom sauerkraut.

IMG_20200517_180725~2.jpg
IMG_20200517_180920.jpg

big ol brunch this morn. wasn't kidding about the unexpected add of pickled reds on migas before, I recommend that for a little sweet and sour addition. I always add standard yellow or white onion to the scramble, too.
1E6F0BF8-2F34-4C8D-9FC7-39821B514F16.JPG

I still have not been brave enough to attempt this.
I used the “charcoal snake” method, which worked really well and seems hard to mess up as long as you can use your vents and a reliable thermometer to control the temp. I did have to fuss with the vents constantly to keep the temperature in the zone I wanted, but that was fine because it’s not like I had any plans other than sitting in my backyard all day.

I used the “charcoal snake” method, which worked really well and seems hard to mess up as long as you can use your vents and a reliable thermometer to control the temp. I did have to fuss with the vents constantly to keep the temperature in the zone I wanted, but that was fine because it’s not like I had any plans other than sitting in my backyard all day.

I've had success with sous vide and a hard smoke at around 300F. I'm too cowardly to try slow and low in just the kettle grill, but I've been eyeing a slow n sear for a while now.

There is some thawed frozen shrimp left in my fridge. I didn't buy them. They were left by a guest that get too excited and buys a lot of food (see cevieche post). Anybody got any ideas about what to do with them.

There is some thawed frozen shrimp left in my fridge. I didn't buy them. They were left by a guest that get too excited and buys a lot of food (see cevieche post). Anybody got any ideas about what to do with them.
Maybe shrimp salad sandwich? Dress w mayo, mustard, capers, dill... basically anything you’d out into egg salad.

I make this over spinach, skip the pearl onions (you can add some diced onion if you want but I usually don’t because my wife strongly dislikes raw onions). I also sub in goat cheese for the mache and skip the truffle oil.

Back