Nom nom nom - Food Thread

Ok so it definitely isn’t pretty but it tastes pretty good for a first attempt. Some wonderful hooman suggested I try to make Migas for a hangover cure.

So we’ve got leftover Cajun shrimp, onions, garlic, bell pepper, eggs, Habanero, and crunchy tortilla strips. When I attempt this again I’ll probably add green bell peppers and cilantro, as well as more habanero. But it was delicious!

FB1654EA-2F68-45A9-9180-47A90AF554A2.jpeg

So I made Cacio e Pepe for dinner. Was so hungry that I forgot to take a picture of it, so it’s like it never existed. Lol

It came out decent but I feel like unless you have some amazing pecorino or grana pardano cheese, it just doesn’t have the pop of traditional cacio. I simmered the pepper in brown butter for a bit so it gave it a deliciously smooth and understated pepper flavor. Would recommend Doing that. I also added in some rosemary which is wholly non traditional, but I will put rosemary on damned near anything.

So I made Cacio e Pepe for dinner. Was so hungry that I forgot to take a picture of it, so it’s like it never existed. Lol

It came out decent but I feel like unless you have some amazing pecorino or grana pardano cheese, it just doesn’t have the pop of traditional cacio. I simmered the pepper in brown butter for a bit so it gave it a deliciously smooth and understated pepper flavor. Would recommend Doing that. I also added in some rosemary which is wholly non traditional, but I will put rosemary on damned near anything.
I love Cacio e Pepe!! A few years ago I had an amazing version at a pinsa spot in Brooklyn that they finished in a hollowed out Parmesan wheel. Yum.

Leftover hash with what I had in the fridge. A few slices of bacon about to turn, half an onion I was saving, sprouted potatoes, some wrinkled serranos, and leftover sous vide pulled pork from the weekend. Topped off with some eggs and a smear of homemade bbq sauce.

IMG_20200429_173046 (1).jpg

I just want to make my food, ya know?

A Gif Appreciation of Troy Barnes - Head Over Feels

This only all the stores were out of chicken.
Just made it chicken-style. Pretty good. Think it could maybe also benefit from a Yukon gold potato and some peas stirred in at the end or something.

tonight, I did this curbside banh mi a disservice by abandoning it until it got all soggy while I had an impromptu meeting with a different time zone.

testament to its greatness- it was still excellent eating. roasted veggie madness from a local joint. smakelijk!

3EEA604F-55A5-4C97-9ADB-DC554E35E8CA.JPG

tonight, I did this curbside banh mi a disservice by abandoning it until it got all soggy while I had an impromptu meeting with a different time zone.

testament to its greatness- it was still excellent eating. roasted veggie madness from a local joint. smakelijk!

View attachment 45029
Yuzu lager sounds great, too.

okay, so late night pantry pasta by definition is a fluid and ugly plate, but it does the job cooking alone at midnight!

items on hand this round: dried lemon fettuccine, hella garlic, capers, bell pepper, tiny kumatos, canned tuna (felt in need of some protein), garlic chives from the sill, copious red pepper, and the usual seasoning suspects.
D4C28897-D523-4F28-A3DC-510393D870D3.JPG9FA4F46D-2AB5-4B3E-A3B3-5ADC73FDF54B.JPG

a little acidic with the lemon pasta + lemon juice + vinegar capers, but I couldn't think of a fat I had that would balance, so I just added more heat and beer. that's my secret for every dish, truly.

okay, so late night pantry pasta by definition is a fluid and ugly plate, but it does the job cooking alone at midnight!

items on hand this round: dried lemon fettuccine, hella garlic, capers, bell pepper, tiny kumatos, canned tuna (felt in need of some protein), garlic chives from the sill, copious red pepper, and the usual seasoning suspects.
View attachment 47343View attachment 47344

a little acidic with the lemon pasta + lemon juice + vinegar capers, but I couldn't think of a fat I had that would balance, so I just added more heat and beer. that's my secret for every dish, truly.
This looks truly delicious! And it appears to be one hell of a late nite pantry raid. Bravo

Back