Nom nom nom - Food Thread

Like @kvetcha i have a baking steel but mine has been doing just fine living in the oven...
@Joe Mac we kept ours on the bottom of the oven (there are no elements there) and ended up having condensation and rust issues.
I sealed mine, by initially baking it with oil and leave it is always in. Most often on the second wire rack, but sometimes on the bottom of the oven if I need to use both racks. I’ve had no issues with rust at all after the first year, touch wood.
Mine lives in the unopened box it came in about 5 years ago because I’ve never been sure what to do about this very question.

Mine lives in the unopened box it came in about 5 years ago because I’ve never been sure what to do about this very question.

I bought a sleeve with handles (they sell one) and just store it out of the way in a corner until I need call upon it.

um I may have done a thing
GreatVictoriousIcefish-size_restricted.gif

Oh, and rhubarb and apricot is a wild but delicious combination. Have you made rugelach before?

Today I received a wonderfully thoughtful box of flavorful fire!

I just did a hot sauce tasting with tortilla chips and some grilled salmon. My tastebuds just went to a rave and are now chilling in the medic tent slurping down some H20

A2E83D17-6442-48F2-8C6F-A366282C5CF7.jpeg

Back