No Buy Vinyl Support Thread

I’m at an impasse. I need to construct a shelf for my turntable before I get to spin much of anything. If I ever told you the story about the dresser topper then you would know that means no records for a couple years, lol. I have instituted a no new records until the shelf is realized rule which will definitely get me through January.

you don't have to tell me about the top of a dresser. there's still a box on ours from when we moved 4 years ago.

let's just say it's not mine and it annoys me to no end.

I’m at an impasse. I need to construct a shelf for my turntable before I get to spin much of anything. If I ever told you the story about the dresser topper then you would know that means no records for a couple years, lol. I have instituted a no new records until the shelf is realized rule which will definitely get me through January.
yo, mr. discipline! apply it.

I'm looking forward to you conquering that project sooner than later and PSF

does it count if i bought this today but it doesn't ship until late Feb?

Or am i a bad boy?

(I used a 20% off code, fwiw)

does it count if i bought this today but it doesn't ship until late Feb?

Or am i a bad boy?

(I used a 20% off code, fwiw)
No, you're bad and should feel bad.

yo, mr. discipline! apply it.

I'm looking forward to you conquering that project sooner than later and PSF
Easier said than done. I still haven't arrived at a product or design (products are WAY espensive). Also discipline is a limited resource. I use enough in the gym and now not buying records, shit is in short supply. Right now I am out of town for most of the week so I will commit to a course of action to execute when I return.

Easier said than done. I still haven't arrived at a product or design (products are WAY espensive). Also discipline is a limited resource. I use enough in the gym and now not buying records, shit is in short supply. Right now I am out of town for most of the week so I will commit to a course of action to execute when I return.
NervousFrankJavalina-small.gif

okay, okay

I've been doing pretty good this month, ordered the new Wolf Parade but I was always going to get that. It helps that it's cold enough outside that I have no interest in walking over to one of my locals. Going to try and keep it lean and put the money towards some new furniture.

I've been doing pretty good this month, ordered the new Wolf Parade but I was always going to get that. It helps that it's cold enough outside that I have no interest in walking over to one of my locals. Going to try and keep it lean and put the money towards some new furniture.

I'm not counting the Wolf Parade album as a January purchase because I paid for it last year! (It's a loophole I'm not ashamed to take advantage of)

Still only bought the N&G AoTM so far in jan and not missing it as much as I’d imagined. I’ve been loving spinning some old stuff and trying to put a dent into my backlog. There doesn’t appear to be much new out that I’m interested in until late Feb so I might try to double up and go through Feb vinyl free too!

I’m so glad to see that people are doing really well with their January no buys or slow buys!

I’m going to try to go as long as possible.

also if you find that you need somewhere to start with diving into your collection again, the Make a Stack thread is great and a couple members are spinning through their entire collection in the What’s Spinning thread!

I’m so glad to see that people are doing really well with their January no buys or slow buys!

I’m going to try to go as long as possible.

also if you find that you need somewhere to start with diving into your collection again, the Make a Stack thread is great and a couple members are spinning through their entire collection in the What’s Spinning thread!

I’ve enjoyed this thread but unfortunately didn’t make it out of January clean (traveled out of town for work and caved to the temptation to visit a store that was new to me). My readjusted goal is to stick to my previous budget, which kinda went out of the window late last year. Stay strong everyone

Back