No Buy Vinyl Support Thread

It doesn't help that my wife, who is usually against buying a bunch of records we don't need is being overly supportive of this sale. But I think I can be strong. There's nothing there that I will miss owning right now.
You can do it and will continue to live without them!

Are there records you have in your collection that you haven’t listened to or forgot you even had?

You can do it and will continue to live without them!

Are there records you have in your collection that you haven’t listened to or forgot you even had?

Oh, yeah. Definitely. Both actually. Although most of the ones that are unplayed are ones that my wife wanted and she rarely ever actually wants to listen to them. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Moving along rather nicely when suddenly a friend hits me with a link to a record on my want list....now normally I'd buy it right away without giving it a second thought but not now, this is the new me, the responsible me! I actually took the time to re-listen to it and see if I actually enjoyed it and now I'm going to at least sleep on it which is real progress!

I have failed. My queen made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
View attachment 28752
Don't think of it as a failure, if underoath reissued they're only chasing safety despite owning it I'd still buy it, I look at this as not buying something just to buy it, but only buying things I truly enjoy despite all the peer pressure telling me otherwise

Don't think of it as a failure, if underoath reissued they're only chasing safety despite owning it I'd still buy it, I look at this as not buying something just to buy it, but only buying things I truly enjoy despite all the peer pressure telling me otherwise
I mean to be fair to me, I think it was a good purchase on my part. I don't own a pressing of Puberty 2 and have been putting off buying one for a while. And I know for a fact I'll listen to it. So while it was kind of FOMO, it was more of a "right time, right place" kind of thing where I was going to get a version of it sooner or later anyway so might as well. And if that's the only record I buy the whole month, I still consider that pretty successful.

I mean to be fair to me, I think it was a good purchase on my part. I don't own a pressing of Puberty 2 and have been putting off buying one for a while. And I know for a fact I'll listen to it. So while it was kind of FOMO, it was more of a "right time, right place" kind of thing where I was going to get a version of it sooner or later anyway so might as well. And if that's the only record I buy the whole month, I still consider that pretty successful.
And at the end of the day if you see replay value it's worth it, it's the records were you buy just to buy because you think you'll like it and because it is limited it'll sell higher that you buy it, then that's the wrong mindset, at least in my opinion

I’m going for zero vinyl at the moment, but I’d be on that same boat with you for that Underoath reissue.

Back