No Buy Vinyl Support Thread

So I’ve succumbed to a bit of preordering (at Assai records to get the signed obi’s)

So the new elbow and ride released this month go on the total plus a cheap Kiss album in the sale

£78 added to the £54 in March

£132 …. But still down on Feb and Jan ….

April will have some RSD stuff so need to be a good boy the rest of the month

Woe The Ides of March …….

Antique centres damn you ….

All records £4 ……bountiful supplies to peruse

£44 for 11 slabs of vinyl with a vertigo swirl and a gold stamped promo

Total increased now to £176😳

No buy Q1 successfully complete.
Good for you. Not a great quarter for me, but more importantly I have shrunk my collection a bit. Traded/sold/PIFed 24 records and only added 12 so a bit of shrinkage. Spent $225 Canadian. I had budgeted $300 but had hoped to come in under $200.

RSD is going to be the big test. Hopefully I can just keep it to the Bowie album. I was supposed to be in Toronto on that weekend but thankfully plans have changed so that big temptation is removed and will probably just order the Bowie from Discogs.

Once I get past RSD, I should be stronger. Now I just need to put the 2024 RSD thread on ignore.

No buy Q1 successfully complete.
Well done you

So I made it to the record fair today goal but not purchase free ! Only used my Xmas money today so technically a freebie day

But a definite reduction this year so far - so my goal for April is nothing other than the 5 I’ve earmarked for RSD followed by a no buy May !

On a saving topic record fairs are definitely a way to save if you still want to scratch the itch - 19 albums for just over a £100 - including a couple of brand new sealed - if you set a little bit aside for every three months or so you can grab a pile and also no eBay postage etc

Back